Switch to English Language Passer en langue fran็aise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,834   Posts: 1,582,393   Online: 911

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've got to say, I dislike the audio blog. If it was musical or on location or the audio actually contributed anyuthing, then great. But it's not. It's just text. The novelty wears off after the first two minutes, and now it's not searchable, there's no RSS feed, you can't read at your own pace, phone interuptions are deadly, etc etc etc. It's bad enough there are no pictures.....

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KB • PhotoRant • PhotoPermit • APUG flickr Robot

Shooter
    Large Format
    I agree with bjorke. It is one thing to read his opinion, another to listen to it as if they were the words from the Oracle being passed down to the masses. I like LensWork, I like Jensen, but the blog is like a digital camera, fun to play with the first few minutes, then is back to the drawer.

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    They have been doing something like the audio blog for a while on their web site. They are mostly interviews with photo artists and they also sell the CD's.

lee\c

Images
    I for one liked the audio blog for the simple reason that I could multitask. I listened to it while I was working on other things.
    hi!

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge
    I agree with bjorke. It is one thing to read his opinion, another to listen to it as if they were the words from the Oracle being passed down to the masses. I like LensWork, I like Jensen, but the blog is like a digital camera, fun to play with the first few minutes, then is back to the drawer.
    Well, thanks -- I think.
    I have to admit the "controversy" about the audio aspect of my blog is surprising to me. All I wanted to do was to have a way to share some ideas that don't fit our magazine format and that folks might be interested in. By offering it for free on the web, I figured it could be a lot of fun and maybe spark some interesting discussions. For me, it's just a lot easier to do an audio than to type because I am such a bad typist and it takes me so long.
    Oracle? LOL! I guess this is one of the risks of being a publisher -- you get mistaken as some kind of authority. Like all of you, I have my own opinions, but trust me folks, an oracle I ain't. It is funny though!
    I do believe strongly in the free market. If LensWork or our DVDs or my free blog are to your liking, great! If not, there are some really great alternatives out there.
    And personally, I think it would be very interesting if a bunch of other photographers would start their own blogs. I know I'd be a regular visitor! In most of the blogs I see the "diary" aspect of them is very boring. I just thought in might be a better use of the technology to offer some random thoughts about a topic I thought I could speak about that folks might be interested in. If you enjoy it, I'm glad you find it useful and/or entertaining.
    Brooks Jensen
    Editor, LensWork Publishing
    Written Wednesday, March 31, 2004

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    And personally, I think it would be very interesting if a bunch of other photographers would start their own blogs.
    Well Brooks, if you're gonna ask....

http://www.botzilla.com/blog/

and hey, I even blogroll your site

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KB • PhotoRant • PhotoPermit • APUG flickr Robot

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Good to see Brooks Jensen here on APUG. Welcome, look around, make yourself at home, and Les is in charge of the falling-down water.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    check out the blog on www.nyclondon.com. really good pinhole stuff and m6 'graphs too. the gallery of images from nyc represented on the site are also excellent.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I think it would be very interesting if a bunch of other photographers would start their own blogs
    The new version of APUG (which is on the way) will have a built in blog system. Basically gives each user access to their own journal, then they can decide if the want to make it public or not. Could be interesting if it's popular.

-And welcome to the site

Images
    I've been speding some time tonight working on my computer, and have been listening to the lenswork audio blog. I found the following entry very interesting.

http://www.lenswork.com/blog/040331.mp3
    hi!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin