Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,221   Posts: 1,532,326   Online: 1048

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    A thunderous standing ovation to B&W Magazine for their article featuring photographs and letters from a young US Marine on the battlefield in Iraq. See the current June 2004 Issue 31.

Quoting the editors: "Reading this unsolicited letter, we could not help but be touched to our core. It, and the selection of images the young Marine captured, are reprinted here not only as a tribute to the men and women in uniform, but to the human spirit and power of photography."

Not the sterotypical article for a fine art photography magazine. Also, this young man "made it" into the magazine via a non-typical path. I hope he makes it home safe and sound.

Alex,
    I bought the issue yesterday and I, too, was suprised to see the letters from the marine and the space they devoted to his pictures, which were quite good. Again, not something you'd expect to see. My thanks to the editor.
    take care,
    Tom

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin