Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,761   Posts: 1,516,102   Online: 862

View Poll Results: How many photographic books do you own?

Voters
170. You may not vote on this poll
  • <10

20 11.76%
  • <25

32 18.82%
  • <50

38 22.35%
  • <100

41 24.12%
  • <250

23 13.53%
  • more

16 9.41%
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    212 as a fast count of what is actually on the shelf. I can't remember what is by the bed at the moment 8-) That does not include Lenswork, Zoom, Creative Camera, and other periodicals with a heavy photographic content. I added five books this month, come to think about it.

Less than 1 in 10 are technical books.
    I feel, therefore I photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    At a rough estimate at least 400, four bookshelves of art photography, three bookshelves and some large boxes of technical books.

Amongst those are multiple editions if The (Ilford) Manual of Photography, dating back to 1890, and many copies of the British Journal Photographic Almanac (and later BJP Anual) going back over a Century.

Many of the books come from second-hand shops, particularly from visits to Hay-On-Wye (UK) which is a book buyers Mecca, and being copied in other countries

Ian

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    I voted <25, though I did not actually count.

Do you want to know which ones, or just numbers?
    For now, only numbers. The poll software is not very flexible. I thought the ratio of technical/art would also be interesting.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    More than 300, my wife and I love books, our house is full of them.
    Ben

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have less than 100, but I am waiting to get the second edition book Way Beyond Monochrome....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Between 50 and 100... I'm too lazy to count, but this seems close to accurate. Did not realize I had so many before you asked the question !
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I marked 50, I'm confident that it's at least that many. A drop in the bucket compared to the Science Fiction collection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    One of the things on my to do list is actually catalog them to allow me to lend them out to others in a photo group I semi regularly attend. No firm count, but I said <100. There is about 6-8 feet of shelf space all considered.

I hit a used book sale every year that my local symphony does and buy up as many interesting photo books as I can; most are $1 -$2 range found that way. Many are lightly grazed then given away to inspire others. The ones in my book count estimate arer the semi 'keepers'. Most are technical; I am now starting to gather more image oriented books.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    More than 150 but probably not to 250. Of course, that does include every issue of LensWork. So many of the books of art photographs were purchased many years ago when books were relatively inexpensive. I have tried to sell them on ebay, but these older books do not hold their value. So, I guess I will hang on to them and enjoy the photographs.
    A New Project! Transformations 02/02/2014

www.joelipkaphoto.com

250+ posts and still blogging! "Postcards from the Creative Journey"

http://blog.joelipkaphoto.com/

Shooter
    35mm
    About 100. About half are technical. Some of the technical ones sort of overlap or repeat each other. That's because I tend to find those at garage sales and as you guys call them boot sales, and although I have purchased a fair share including WBM at retailers, I can't seem to pass up any photo book offered for $1 or so. Books by and about photographers are usually purchased with more premeditation. My number doesn't include periodicals like Lenswork, B+W, etc. There are at least another hundred there, but I don't consider them books per se.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin