Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,871   Posts: 1,583,432   Online: 1207

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dr. Bob, you need to move into the modern world. Get a wireless network for your home and a laptop for the crapper.
    juan

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Give me "Camera Craft", "American Photography", "Miniature Camera", and "Wilson's Photographic" any day.
    "Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect."

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Won't happen -- the rights issues would be HUGE and the payoff small.

KB
    (Who has handy every issue of US Camera 1946-1964 :P )

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    We will be doing a great deal of analog. Everything we do will hopefully promote the art of photographic imaging. By the way, one of my writers did an interview with Arnold Newman this morning. Although I haven't heard the tape I have been given some of the quotes and it sounds like really good stuff.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wish I could give Thom a big in person hug. His joining the magazine project got it jump started and back on track after 7 months of waiting for Per and I to be allowed to move forward. (long story) I can't say enough good things about this man. He is wonderful.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomHarrop
    We will be doing a great deal of analog.
    So, there is also going to be digital in this magazine?.......If so, sounds like Photovision all over.....tsk, tsk.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dr bob
    On-line mags are all right, I guess.... Its just such a hassle reading them when on the crapper.
    Use a PDA with wireless. They're pretty handy when you make poobah...

Greetings Morten (who has a nice WiFi network running in his house...)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomHarrop
    .... By the way, one of my writers did an interview with Arnold Newman this morning. Although I haven't heard the tape I have been given some of the quotes and it sounds like really good stuff.
    Wow!!!
    I have a video tape of Arnold Newman at work, from the television series, "The Wonderful World of Photography", sponsored by Olympus.
    Fascinating to watch him at work.
    I wonder -- his camera seemed to be an extension of his body -- I can't envision him using a digi - whiz bang. Possibly when they introduce an 8" x 10" digital back ...?

One of my favorite quotes, as he worked - from that tape: "There is a photograph here - somewhere. I have to find it."

At times, when things are not going right - especially in the studio, I can be heard to mumble, "Oh right -- the wunnerful world of photography ..."
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Jorge - I had the same experience last year. Went through a bunch of old photo magazines to clip out "the good stuff." I was amazed at how little was timeless and how much was only relevant for a few months after publication. But I guess that's pretty much how magazines are - usually only good for a couple of months....
    Two New Projects! Light on China - 07/13/2014

www.joelipkaphoto.com

250+ posts and still blogging! "Postcards from the Creative Journey"

http://blog.joelipkaphoto.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thom's e-magazine is the one that is a mix of analog and digital. The hold in your hands or for Dr. Bob on the crapper type of magazine is all analog. Here is a small working version of the logo. It is not finished and needs some tweaking. Per is the one doing the logo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin