Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,974   Posts: 1,523,609   Online: 956

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posted wirelessly..

Domenico, terribly sad to hear it didn't work out here. Don't fret. On the path you've chosen the people you inspire will far outnumber the tolls along the way. Ti auguro un buon ritorno all'Italia. In bocc'al lupo.
    "There is a time and place for all things, the difficulty is to use them only in their proper time and places." -- Robert Henri

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I"m very sorry to hear this Domenico. I actually recommended that the photography students, at the tertiary institute where I work, look at your photos and learn from them because they are so good. I think they inspired a couple of them to try different approaches to their work.
    Thank you for willingness to share.
    Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Domenico, as others have said, your work is top level & unique.

I can only say that you must continue your art…you must not be deterred by sales or the business. The beautiful art you produce is from your heart and not determined by some price tag or sale.

I do care that people buy my photographs and enjoy them however the main reason I do photography is for me…It truly is what is in your heart that matters most. That element is what drives me day after day to continue in this medium.

Good luck in Italy and please please please, do not ever stop photographing, you are a great photographer/artist. Most people will never experience that.
    The sun will shine after the rain, it always does.
    Steve

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Leaving the business doesn't have to mean leaving photography, and I'm looking forward to seeing what you do next. Best wishes on your return to Italy.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm very sorry to hear of the necessity of your move Domenico, I have always admired your work. Leaving this continent and the photography business here is a big change in direction, but I gather you will still be photographing. Whatever happens, don't become lost to us.
    Best wishes in your future endeavours.
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    best of luck Domenico....you will be missed here....remember there is never enough ART!!
    Best, Peter

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I would have liked to answer sooner to all the voices of support that I have received from this thread, but these have been and continue to be busy days due to the many things needed to be done before leaving the country.

I also want to thank once again the members of APUG for the print orders received.

Indulge me in reminding you that much more work is still available at the prices I mentioned in my original post.
    Since I won't be able to live the country until I have resolved my US citizenship application in order to be able to get Social Security in my later years and finalize my obligation with taxes, this sales continues very likely over June 15.

These past days have made my decision of leaving the US even more conflicted, since I have tightened my friendship with special people, members of APUG and the LFPF who live in the area, who have shown true support and continue to do so and with whom it's easy to spend good and quality time together.

To all the humbling voices of concern about me abandoning photography, I can assure you that I don't see that happening.

This could be a time in my life when I am not producing very much for lack of time and, honestly speaking, because this time of change has definitively put a momentary dent in my creativity, but...
    ...I have been around myself for a few years and I know that sometime I need to be patient and at the same time push myself gently.

In fact this weekend will be spent on a sorely needed road trip with our very own Matt Blais, probably my dear friend Hugo Zhang and a student of mine driving on Route 66, violating the privacy of the dormant inhabitants of small towns that stud this famous American artery.

AH! It will be a rough test for my recently acquired '92 Volvo 240 wagon!

In these years I have realized that things happen to us for a reason, Life is a seemingly cruel but benevolent teacher, and the concerns of humans are not the concerns of Life. Poor economical situations might seem to us a catastrophic event but to this teacher who is immune by pity, challenges administered at the right time and the right place is a much needed spark to cause change in us.
    ANd the best way to deal with it is to accept this help, because the outcome of adversities is inevitably acquired strength, freedom and...be ready for the next challenges. :-).

Yes, things are scary, and fear is an uncomfortable feeling but it comes the time when eventually we manage to pierce through that state and find a renewed hope and passion.

Thank you again for the many good words directed to me they will have a place in my suitcase together with the Leica, Speed Graphic, various lenses and holders.

Domenico
    For prints sales, workshops and individual lessons,
    please, check my website

My APUG Portfolio
    http://www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=196<p>

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Domenico, I know artists are starving all over the world. The recent economic crunch led to a massive drop in sales and commissions for all kinds of artistic work.
    I wish you all the best luck, whatever you end up doing.

And - may I say I hope to meet you in Italy one day? With Speed Graphics and a pocket full of strange old lenses?
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Everybody is starving except bureaucrats, lawyers, giant corporate raiders, thieves and drug dealers...Evan Clarke

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Ole, if you ever happen to be in Italy, let me know. I would be glad to have an outing with you in the Ravenna landscape and architecture. Ravenna has a very rich history, it boasts architecture that span more than 2000 years.
    For prints sales, workshops and individual lessons,
    please, check my website

My APUG Portfolio
    http://www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=196<p>

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin