Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,502   Posts: 1,543,409   Online: 773

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Going out of business

I am not sure if this is the right area in which to place this thread, so to the moderators, feel free to move it or do whatever you think is right with it.

I am announcing my pulling out from the market and my returning back to Italy.
    It has been a great ride and I want to thank all the supporters of my work in this forum.
    The poor sales of the first part of 2010 have been a loud message that it was time for a change in my life.
    I am selling all my inventory from $ 75.00 to $ 150.00 in order to prepare for my next journey.
    I have also written an article in my blog incorporated in my website. Feel free to visit.
    Again thank you all for the great support given through these years, it has helped in many ways.

Domenico Foschi
    For prints sales, workshops and individual lessons,
    please, check my website

My APUG Portfolio
    http://www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=196<p>

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I am really sorry to read that Domenico.
    I hope you have better luck in Italy.

Truth be told, I would have liked to know more about the whole situation, as to learn from your troubles.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Domenico

If a guy with your talents cannot make a living in photography, then who can? Very sad.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    domenico:

i am sad to hear you are leaving the area, but at the same
    time i am happy to know you are going back "home with your camera/s"

i look forward to the images from the next stop on your journey !

be well

john
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hallo,
    Although I do not know you I am sorry to hear of your troubles. I have just seen your website pictures and am saddened that there is not a viable market for your images at the moment. Perhaps as you hint, the US market is not currently "in tune" with your vision.

Whilst I have no experience of the US art market scene - so feel free to ignore this - perhaps going out of business could be rephrased?
    People (companies/institutions) change all the time; restructuring, relocating, repositioning in the market etc. Rather than "closing down" could this not be "spun" or presented as a relocation for personal reasons/artistic endeavour (whatever) - at least on the website. Could you keep one good (perhaps your best/favourite) gallery in the US? This would keep you with a physical prescence in the US market, that may sell some of your work or at least keep it visible to potential US buyers and perhaps a place people could be directed to physically view your work? They might/should/could be willing to work internationally with someone - work can be physically sent by courier etc (and returned) for not that much cost.

Perhaps gallery representation could be found in Italy/Europe on your return, then you might have a presence in two continents.

I suppose that there might not be a viable market for your work anywhere but you currently have something that a lot of people would work really hard for - gallery representation. I think that your physical location (i.e. moving back to Italy) should have little bearing in continuing that representation - providing you feel that you want to contine to support/promote your work in that territory.

Just my thoughts. Whatever you do, I wish you all the best & I hope you will be continuing to photograph whereever you reside.

Sim2.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That is bad for me you are leaving Domenico, went to the Elias Gallery and saw the street photo's you have been working on,they are very good like to see more in the future.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Sorry to read this, Domenico. Please don't be discouraged, the market comes and the market goes. I suppose there will eventually be a recovery of the market for art, but... yep, these are tough times.

What about teaching for a while?

Best wishes for the future.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Domenico. I wish you luck in your next phase of your life. Your work is beautiful you're a great artist.

Best,
    Don

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Domenico,
    I still remember seeing the photographs on your website for the first time, it inspired my attempt in taking my photography in a different direction. So sorry to hear business isn't well for you. Hopefully your APUG presence remain and website will stay up for us to enjoy.

Best of luck to you going forward.
    Adam

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hate to hear this. You did good work. I hope for the best for you.

Jeff

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin