Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,735   Posts: 1,515,445   Online: 1132

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TEX View Post
    Hi Rick,
    I don't know about you but that exchange between the two lads made me laugh out loud. I would like to thank them both for that, now back to photography.
    As an adult, I found the exchange laughable, but as I went on to say, this isnt the place for ego(to some extent) and the language was offensive, not to mention uncalled for. I see that SuzanneR has taken care of that, and I applaud her for her sage judgement.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Have you considered doing an Arts Festival in your area? I've received numerous gallery offers as a result of them. Local gallery owners often attend them, looking for artists who fit their galleries. If they see work leaving your booth, it is especially helpful, as they see there is a market for your work.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Funny, I own an art gallery and wanted to open a second gallery that only offered wet darkroom photography. I did not get a single response that was interested in such a nutty idea.

I was planning to buy a beautiful 2 story century old building at the the end of an historic bridge that draws a lot of tourists.

Ah well, such goes life.

Don

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The following venue is in your backyard (Houston Center for Photography); well-respected, from a curatorial and academic direction:

http://hcponline.org/

The following festival in Houston is not unlike the Festival in Arles, France, but on a smaller scale. Also worth investigating:

http://www.fotofest.org/

The following publication (and accompanying website) lists exhibitions nationwide -- I subscribe to it, and use it extensively:

http://photographmag.com/

Hope these prove to be good places to start, for you...

Andrew

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Jones View Post
    I am looking for great photography galleries that meet at least two criteria:

1). They do not cater to the pretentious "anything is art, especially crap" crowd. And,

2). They display excellent photography, but are not wedded to the Adams/Weston cult.

Anyone know of some good places?

what is the pretentious "anything is art, especially crap" crowd ?

"art" and " photography" are pretty much open ended.
    Last edited by jnanian; 06-13-2010 at 10:51 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    if my apug gallery looks empty you might check these places

website
    blog
    sell-site

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lightwisps View Post
    Funny, I own an art gallery and wanted to open a second gallery that only offered wet darkroom photography. I did not get a single response that was interested in such a nutty idea.

I was planning to buy a beautiful 2 story century old building at the the end of an historic bridge that draws a lot of tourists.

Ah well, such goes life.

Don
    hi don,

let me know where to send things for review !

thanks
    john
    if my apug gallery looks empty you might check these places

website
    blog
    sell-site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin