Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,939   Posts: 1,557,407   Online: 941

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An Appreciation

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

An Appreciation

Just received my copy of "Edward Weston LIFE WORK" from Michael and Paula's Lodima (Amidol backwards, btw hehe) Press. Stunning is the only and very limited word that comes to mind. Many years ago, I was able to see an extensive exhibit of Weston's work at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC. The prints made an indelible impression and I have to say the reproductions in this book are nearly facsimiles to the extent memory serves. (I also get to see and even pick up, hold and examine some at the AIPAD show in NYC every February.)

But in addition, since the book was several months late in being sent for reasons beyond the control of Lodima, I was also sent a complimentary copy of Micheal's book, "The Students of Deep Springs College". Who the hell does that anymore if they ever in fact did? Hence...an appreciation. I will never hesitate to deal with Michael and Paula's enterprises whenever I have the wherewithal to purchase something that seems interesting. I'm IMPRESSED!
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So the books are shipping now?!? I was wondering when they were going to get around to doing that. John, I must say that this is a cruel thing you've done as I'm going to be rushing home to check the mail everyday from now until the book arrives! I also pre-ordered the book.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You cruel person, I have to wait for my copy to make its way across the Pacific.....

I will be rushing home each day from here on in with anticipation
    David Boyce

When bankers get together for dinner, they discuss art. When artists get together for dinner, they discuss money. Oscar Wilde Blog fp4.blogspot.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Same here, I was just about to send Michael an email to find that out. Ohh well, I live in the pacific so I am used to waiting.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My account was charged on Friday, so I suspected the book was on the way. I've been unable to sleep in anticipation.
    juan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I also received the EW book yesterday. Very impressive to say the least. I have not had a chance to go through the entire book, but what I have seen is fantastic.

The Deep Springs book is what ended up in my hands last night. What a nice surprise that was. This book is also very impressive. I've never seen M Smith's work in print. What a treat.
    Last edited by matt miller; 07-21-2004 at 09:06 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: fixed a typo

Images
    grrrr stil haven't got mine...
    hi!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm in the same boat as Brian, arg!
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    BMAC & Jeremy, Hope you have yours now...because I found mine at the front door today. Now for a nice cup of coffee and some quite to enjoy it. First glance tells me this is no ordinary publication, the book just feels good and the quick look at the quality of the images I did see is superb. Hope you guys all get yours soon.
    Mike C

Rambles

Images
    hi!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin