Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,999   Posts: 1,524,315   Online: 861

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Les - First Edition? Mine was written on a typewriter with a copyright notice date 1983 - in pen and rubber stamp.
    Two New Projects! Light on China - 07/13/2014

www.joelipkaphoto.com

250+ posts and still blogging! "Postcards from the Creative Journey"

http://blog.joelipkaphoto.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    By the way, been messaging Bruce and I'm sure he wouldn't mind me passing on a comment he's made about the new book:

"[font=Arial]Now, let me explain something about the newest edition. There are no photogaphic illustrations. It turned out that including illustrations at the quality I wanted would have been grossly expensive. I believe that the text carries the information very adequately. So in the interests of keep costs low and affordable, we abandoned the pictures. But I think that little, if anythng, is lost in basic information or understanding."[/font]

For those who have the first edition, is the images something you would miss? Just starting to wonder if I should change my order to the 1st edition. regards John.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    [QUOTE=John McCallum

For those who have the first edition, is the images something you would miss? Just starting to wonder if I should change my order to the 1st edition.

Bruce's images are always worth seeing but the most important part of this book are the words, he writes with passion and a great knowledge of photography. Be a devil and buy both, or better still try to find a copy of Bruce's coffee table book "Visual Symphony" it's not cheap but it is quite magnificent. I've had it since it was first published in the 80's and still look at it regularly and gain inspiration from it.

Shooter
    Large Format

Slit Canyons DVD from Lenswork

Just received the Lenswork interview of Bruce Barnbaum talking about his Slit Canyons photographs. Great images & very good interview. Makes a very good companion to the newer, image-less version of The Art of Photography.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin