Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,295   Posts: 1,535,597   Online: 1109

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Although I am sure our Lodima Press book will have the deepest black tones when measured with a densitometer, that is not the point. The point, as I see it, is which reproductions come closest to the original prints. A few weeks ago Paula and I visited the person who has Edward's own copy of Pepper #30--the best print of it according to Brett, who inherited it. We put the reproduction in our book next to the print. They were very close. And the wife of the couple said, "I like the reproduction better."

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael A. Smith
    Although I am sure our Lodima Press book will have the deepest black tones when measured with a densitometer, that is not the point. The point, as I see it, is which reproductions come closest to the original prints.
    I have to agree with you, however to provide a base line for those that do not have a copy and to eliminate as much subjective analysis as possible that is why I chose to include this type of comparison. It certainly isn't the only thing I am doing. Hope to have the final piece done by the end of the weekend. If I can ever make it back home!
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin