Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,702   Posts: 1,548,425   Online: 1017

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Edward Weston - A Legacy

I just picked this book up from the library and WOW! It has a lot of Weston pics I have never seen before. Stunning stuff and gives me a further appreciation of his genius. The reproduction is of the highest quality. If you can get your hands on it you will be justly rewarded.

I wish I could buy it, but I figure it's got to be pretty pricey.

ISBN 1 85894 206 3

These are the pic's Weston did for the Huntington Library in addition to private pictures given to other contributors.

If any of you well heeled APUG'rs want to make a poor starving artist happy, this would make a great Xmas present for me!!

enjoy,

Eric
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Eric,

I use the Bestbookbuys.com site to search by Author ISBN Etc. It will list the lowest prices from some of the major book sellers.

BestBookBuys

I hope it is useful. The lowest price I can see is $48 from Walmart.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Eric, as long as you're still living out of that supermarket shopping cart, ain't no one gonna send you no spensive pitchur-book. nope, no way! ;-)
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Actually the shopping cart is my "office", I have a really nice refridgerator box all set up that I call home. Well that is until the next big snow storm.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Images
    I thought "A Legacy" was a great Edward Weston book, then this week came "EW, Life Work." Oh my Goodness, such incredibly perfect reproductions -- even better! Also, contains a lot more of his earlier work, less of the on the road - "California and the West" - stuff (which I don't particularly like, anyhow).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What's the latest status on Michael & Paula's Weston book? I don't see anything about it on their website.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    kwmullet: See the thread: "An Appreciation" on this forum.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Michael and Paula only have books with their own photographs on michaelandpaula.com. For the others go to www.lodimapress.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by kwmullet
    What's the latest status on Michael & Paula's Weston book? I don't see anything about it on their website.
    Michael indicated that they were to mail their Edward Weston books to those who purchased it this past week. I had the opportunity to see this book and the reproductions are outstanding. Truly a "must have" book.

Shooter
    Large Format
    The protfolio books sound very interesting, I wish they had examples of each photographer, some of them I have never heard about and would like to see what they are doing.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin