Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,403   Online: 736

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Most people seem to be choosing "how to do it" books, but my choice would be Edward Weston, Forms of Passion. Unfortunately, I think it's out of print. I think the most beautifully made and printed photography book I own is F. Holland Day, Suffering the Ideal; it's great to see those prints in color.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hi Christopher

Good question. The one film photography book I would keep is a paperback book titled Oliver Gagliani. It has 42 photographs by Oliver and was published in 1975. I was fortunate to take a workshop with Oliver in 1990. He is my favorite photographer and is mostly know on the west coast.

Fred Newman

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Making of Kodak film. Eventually, I could figure out other things through experimenting that a book would have told me but I can't see inside of Kodak!
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    And, to answer a few questioned, if it can be called a photography book (pictoral, technical, textbook or otherwise) it is included. Simply, a book that regards any aspect of photography. Getting there or the finished product.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If it's a tech book, I'd have to go with Horenstein's "Beyond Basic Photography." Nothing flashy really, but good solid fundamental stuff.
    If it's a book of photos, Elliot Erwitt's "Snaps" by far. Seeing those photos was like discovering I had a brother I'd never met (and sadly, probably never will).
    If it's a coffeetable book, "Looking at Photographs" by John Szarkowski. Every time I read through that, I feel like I know a little bit more about images.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Photography: Art & Technique by Alfred A. Blaker
    There are so many excellent 'technique' books, it is hard to choose, but this one is quite well rounded.

I'd have to agree with Horenstein's "Beyond Basic Photography" being on the top of the list.
    - Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Practical Zone System, Third Edition by Chris Johnson

One of the only photography books that actually helped me see.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    reference book - my Mc Keowns price guide - best book for all the cameras I come across

photography book (and I don't even own a copy - we are talking hypothetically..) - Minamata - Gene Smith
    A camera is only a black box with a hole in it....

my blog...some film, some digital http://andrewk1965.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Edward Weston - Life Work.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    A worthy choice, to be sure. I almost picked it. It's certainly of the best printed photo books ever.
    Jim

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin