Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,659   Online: 789

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    Eric... when did Ron Wisner die? I must have missed that bit of news. I though he was racing sailboats not too long ago.
    I think he meant that Mr. Wisner's business died, not the man himself.
    Chris Crawford
    Fine Art Photography of Indiana and other places no one else photographs.

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com

My Tested Developing Times with the films and developers I use

Become a fan of my work on Facebook

Fort Wayne, Indiana

Shooter
    Multi Format
    So if I want VCM I should buy it at a bookstore and skip the subscription discount?

Is it really so good that it is worth the angst?

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    steve,

some people love it, some people don't ..

i had a subscription for a couple of years.
    it was in the pre-spell-checker-editor days ...
    image quality wasn't always the best editing and spelling ....
    it wasn't the best either ... , but the articles were sometimes interesting.

i just got tired of the publisher and how he carried on,
    and didn't want to support that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    i just got tired of the publisher and how he carried on,
    and didn't want to support that.
    That says it all for me as well...the way one conducts business, well enough said about that.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    After looking at recent editions of B&W (American), Photo Technique and Lenswork, it appears that VCM is the last remaining magazine that is predominately analog. Some of the British magazines maybe, but I am not sure. The others have moved to mostly digital or make it ambiguous about the “provenance” of their content which I find irksome. I will continue to subscript to VCM despite the hassle, the other magazines I will not renew. Of course, I will renew APUG, the one true Analog resource.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I have been subscribing to the mag since the first issue. I get a new issue every two months, or thereabouts, but usually within the time period on the cover. Close enough for me. I plan on continuing to subscribe. It is the only magazine I get, and I feel it is a good value. My latest issue arrive last week. This weekend was too full to dive into it, but I will soon.

Vaughn
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I received the latest issue this past Friday.

Years ago, people complained that Popular Photography arrived two months in advance of the date shown on the cover.

The cover that arrived on Friday says it's the "July/August" issue.there's nothing time sensitive about the content, so what the cover says is unimportant. The fact is that a new issue arrives regularly every two months.
    Louie

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I too fell into the subscription pit. With the subscription you should have access to info on the web, but didn't find anything worth the frustration. Forget about contacting them. If you do get a reply, it will be terse and brief at best. I won't be subscribing again, as I find the issue at Barnes and Nobel weeks before my copy arrives in the mail. At least buying it at B&N I get to check it out to see if it is worth buying.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Agreed...

After 2 years of having to call EVERY other month to inquire where the current issue was, I decided that it was not wise to renew. Always nonchalant, nonapologetic and unfazed by my consistent calls - there is something very unusual about ensuring subscribers receive their issues well after distributors such as B&N. Clearly I wasn't needed nor valued.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Walrath View Post
    I have really gotten into large format photography in a big way. Haven't picked up my Minoltas except to look at them in months. You know, make sure they're still there.

Anyway, I resubscribed to The View Camera Magazine after a few years lapse in February. The sucker has been two months late each issue thus far and I have yet to receive my July/August issue. .

Thanks. Rant concluded unless it isn't here by Tuesday.
    This one of the reasons that I finally quit subscribing and purchasing VC off the newsstand. After about 15 years I just got feed up with this crap along with the poor editing. In it's heyday VC was a pretty good rag and over the past few years the B&W repros have improved but I grew ever weary of chasing my copies down. I even had to purchase copies off the news stand to make up for one I never received.

My other photo magazine subscriptions came in like clockwork so I have confidence in my postal delivery.

My 2 cents.
    Don Bryant

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin