Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,514   Posts: 1,543,706   Online: 851

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Geez, if you can get it at B&N you're doing great.
    My local B&N or Borders hasn't had any since the November issue of 2009. I picked that up like in March or April because I wasn't seeing any more recent issues.
    And yes it was on the shelf for over four months.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Got mine today. I have not had time to read the articles, but the photographs do not disappoint. I'll put my curmudgeon suit back in the closet for another day and appreciate the fact that we still have a magazine that is predominantly analog and which still manages to inspire me to follow my photographic muse.

Cheers,
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    "it's funny, over the years the two most bitched about merchants have been Wisner and View Camera Magazine."

Steve Simmons and View Camera magazine should not be mentioned in the same company as Wisner and his shoddy service and outright taking of payments without delivering the goods.

Steve Simmons has put out his magazine faithfully for years. In the face of criticism, including mine, he continues to put it out. He addresses some criticism and lets others slide. Why he has so many problems getting competent proofreaders is one I will never understand. Being late I don't understand. But, in talking with him I know he takes responsibility and works at getting things out on time. He puts out a good magazine and I still subscribe - along with LensWork, the finest photo magazine published.

If you have problems with Steve and how he runs the magazine call or mail or email. He is open and will answer. No matter what, he is still publishing and the magazine is still worth getting. So many others have come and gone, published their own glowing reviews and tell us all what is right for everything in the universe... but View Camera Magazine is still serving the Large Format community with articles, images and ads many of us enjoy.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Boy this is a tough crowd. As a longtime VCM subscriber I understand your frustration, but the magazine is worth the wait. I wonder if buying it at the newstand benefits B&N more than Viewcamera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We don't have B&N in this country and Borders is a two hour drive from here, and it's always fingers crossed when I take my old clunker of a car on the open road whether it's going to get there and not cook itself or have some important part fall off during the trip... So hard to get this mag here.

I've also never seen it in our big magazine store, so it might be subscription for me if I want to see it at all. Assuming they will do subs to this country.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by KenR View Post
    Boy this is a tough crowd. As a longtime VCM subscriber I understand your frustration, but the magazine is worth the wait. I wonder if buying it at the newstand benefits B&N more than Viewcamera.
    Subscriptions are more profitable for the magazine than book store/newsstand sales.

Every two months I get my copy in the mail. I don't really care what the date on the mag cover says, except it makes it easier to file them by the date.
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    In other news...

Water is wet.
    Two New Projects! Light on China - 07/13/2014

www.joelipkaphoto.com

250+ posts and still blogging! "Postcards from the Creative Journey"

http://blog.joelipkaphoto.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sometimes I even forget that I have this subscription... then it shows up in my mailbox and it's.. Oh! What a pleasant surprise! It's more fun when you don't expect it. One July I held a surprise party for my wife's birthday, which is in February. (I think that's on topic... )
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

I subscribed for over 14 years before I had to let it go three years ago. It took me a long time to finally realize that well managed businesses deserve support and ones that consistently rate poor in four out of five customer service categories do not even if they are the only game in town. My clients would not afford me this latitude so why should I compromise my values? I tried a while back to find one at B&N and they told me that they do not carry it and that was that.

When you consider the alternative resources available for the aspiring photographer on the internet I have not missed it one bit.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    speaking of missing magazines, does anyone know what happened to Silvershotz? I haven't seen it at B&N for a couple of months now.

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin