Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,535,041   Online: 1025

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

View Camera Magazine is Late . . . Again (Sorry, bit of a rant)

I have really gotten into large format photography in a big way. Haven't picked up my Minoltas except to look at them in months. You know, make sure they're still there.

Anyway, I resubscribed to The View Camera Magazine after a few years lapse in February. The sucker has been two months late each issue thus far and I have yet to receive my July/August issue. I see everyone talking about their latest issue. I hope to have mine by Christmas.

Anyone else experiencing UBER-snail mail-itis on this one like I am? Or is it personal?

(Oh, I know it's not personal.) But Geez . . .

Thanks. Rant concluded unless it isn't here by Tuesday.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had went into my local Barnes and Nobel and I saw it there so I picked it up. I have the Jul/August issue and I was pleased with seeing so little digital in a magazine that I just subscribed. I think it will be great. I'll let you know if I ever get a copy from them. The inside cover and first page are an ad for a Sony digital camera
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    it's funny, over the years the two most bitched about merchants have been Wisner and View Camera Magazine. Wisner finally died, dried up and blew away leaving VCM as the lone subject of continued wrath and derision. I feel for you buddy, but ya had to know when you signed up that part of the unlisted benefits of VCM was it's heightened sense of anticipation due to every longer waits between issues.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I had heard some grumblings come to mention it. But I think I will go the B&N route next year. Besides, I get to laugh derisively at the DSLR for Dummies books whilst I'm there.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Do they have anything to say about these delays if you try to contact them?
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    From what I remember after Eric mentions it, don't bother. Just assume the Buddha position, some wierd lotus thingy or other, and wait.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    DE Darkroom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Situation normal.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Eric... when did Ron Wisner die? I must have missed that bit of news. I though he was racing sailboats not too long ago.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I have yet to recieve the July/August edition. I tried calling on Friday, no answer and sent them an email, also no response. Normally, I don't care if it is late since it usually gets here in its own fashion, however, this time there is stuff I am am looking forward to seeing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's too bad, the last issue I recieved (May/June?) was one of the better ones I've read in quite awhile. (typos and editing notwithstanding) Lots of content, and interesting reading. I think things would look more professional if they kept their typefaces more consistent. Having taught english lit for too many years to count, I begin to suspect that someone doesn't have much to say when they start using large fonts. Another unfortunate part of this all is that my May/June password no longer works, and I would dearly like to access some articles in the subscriber section.
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin