Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,136   Posts: 1,637,415   Online: 940

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My copy arrived on September 30th. It's a big book, so plenty of reading for me to do later.

Shooter
    35mm
    I still have a late shipping date from Amazon. It'll arrive just in time for exams.. also known as procrastination season, so I guess that's perfect.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Amazon Canada emailed me that mine was shipped Thursday.
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Just got my shipping notice from Amazon... by Oct. 6~9

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Is U.S. Amazon.com still offering the pre-publication discount?
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazzy View Post
    Is U.S. Amazon.com still offering the pre-publication discount?
    Yep:

http://www.amazon.com/Way-Beyond-Mon...6608224&sr=1-2
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    I signed up for that back in the beginning. It said that shipping was free, but the receipt listed a shipping charge. When the book arrives, I will protest the shipping charge if it is still there.

Steve
    Understandably so!
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    35mm
    I signed up for that back in the beginning. It said that shipping was free, but the receipt listed a shipping charge. When the book arrives, I will protest the shipping charge if it is still there.

Steve
    What I am going to say may be irrelevant to your case but my invoice from Elsevier in the U.K. also showed the full price but I was only charged the agreed discount price. It may be that the computer producing the receipt automatically shows a shipping charge which is ignored when billing you.

Mind you it is disconcerting when charges appear on an invoice/receipt even if they aren't billed against you. My heart leaped for a minute

poentaxuser

Shooter
    Large Format

Steve
    Steve,

With Amazon, although a book QUALIFIES for Free Shipping, that is not the default. You also have to ELECT Free Shipping during check out or else they charge you shipping.....
    John Bowen

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Got mine today, from Canada Amazon shipped to Hong Kong.

Reading it backward (as any Chinese classical text) for a quick scan of the update for nearly 1 hour, trying not to read in-depth the book. This is like reading scene using a large format camera ground glass. The assessment is that the "upgrade" is excellent. Highly recommended . Well deserve its status as the very hard to get and very mythical bible of black and white process, as someone describe this book in some Hong Kong Photography Forum.

When I reach the first few page, I did puzzle on what happen to Ralph's last darkroom at Bavarian Alps. Still, it is good for us as reader that Ralph retirement "within a few year" has not been realised!

Better start to read from the front now. See you next year when I finish the book again.

P.S. I guess I will start to compile a suggestion feature for a ed3. Something like upgrade the testing part as there is not much upgrade there it seems. I still think I need Phil's BTZS book to understand this part, even though one does not use BTZS. Also, I hope that the authors can offer some computer aided process. But, having said that, some of the manual process added is very good and useful.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin