Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,578   Posts: 1,545,723   Online: 867

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    More and more the Smithsonian is becoming one of my favorite magazines "of photography". It is NOT a dedicated photography magazine, but has some of the most interesting articles about photography that I read today.

This Issue, June 2005, has an article titled, "Animal Magnetism" (p.72) with work - stunning work - by Gregory Colbert.

As a side comment, quoting, "Surely you're bound to wonder, were these images digitized, collared, somehow toyed with? No, says Colbert,..."

Interesting, EFFECTIVE use of sepia toning.

A question in my mind, has been settled once and for all. The article refers to Colbert: "The artist himself appears --- dancing with whales, swimming an underwater duet with a girl, looking priestlike in an ancient temple... (contained in an accompanying motion picture run at the exhibition of his work, "Ashes and Snow"' currently underway at a pier on the Hudson River, in Manhattan.) The Smithsonian calls Colbert, a PHOTOGRAPHER, an ARTIST. If that is good enough for the Simthsonian, it is certainly good enough for me.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Dang!! Wrong sub-thread! I wish I knew to shift it over...
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin