Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,523   Posts: 1,543,813   Online: 760

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

The Black and White Enthusiast magazine

Today I received my first copy of “The Black and White Enthusiast” magazine, and am quite impressed.

Details available at:

www.blackandwhitemag.com

for any one else that’s interested.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Large Format
    It seems like a good magazine, I wish they had some examples of their issues in the web site.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was impressed with it a couple of years back when I picked most of the processing for permanence series (Tim Rudman), which later was published in his toning book.

excellent presentation, useful articles (at least in those issues)
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Sorry guys, but unless the pictures are printed in platinum and the magazine binding is with gold wire- $66 a year for 4 issues is a bit Outer Limits!
    "Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect."

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by garryl
    Sorry guys, but unless the pictures are printed in platinum and the magazine binding is with gold wire- $66 a year for 4 issues is a bit Outer Limits!
    As a retiree living on a fixed income,$66. a year just doesn't fit the budget; got too many other addictions that need my money.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Ah....now I know why I never saw it at newstands......lol...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ouch ... just think how many rolls of film that would buy lol

Shooter
    Large Format
    OTOH these guys are surviving by subscriptions alone. No Ads! now, that is a pretty gutsy move to make. These are my kind of people, I think an subscription for one year is not out of the question.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I picked up an issue of this magazine on a whim at the local Barnes & Noble and I was very impressed. And for what you get, $66 for a two year subscription is well worth it (and I am both cheap and broke). It's a shame really - England has a very good black & white photography magazine, and with this one the Aussies have done it right, but the U.S. can't produce anything for the B&W (mostly) analog enthusiast.

Joe
    Latent Images Plastic Toy Cameras

"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive" - Howard Thurman

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I think you mis-read their advert.
    From where I sit it's $8.5 per issue which is about $1.50 more than the price of the newstand equivelent, which is mainly adverts, and $4.00 cheaper than Lenswork, which is also excellent value.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin