Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,930   Posts: 1,585,312   Online: 1075

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

"Journey Through Time" Platinum/Carbon prrint Exhibition.

Jim Fitzgerald and I are proud to announce a special one day exhibit "Journey Through Time"and discussion of Platinum and Carbon Transfer printing. The event will be held in Little Saigon at the Nguoi Viet Daily News on January 30, 2011 from 11 am to 5 pm. We decided to present our "Journey Through Time" and answer questions, inspire fellow photographers and give people a chance to see unique prints from these two historic processes.

Included in the exhibit will be historic cameras and lenses. Cameras will include: 8x10, 11x14, 8x20, 12x20 and 20x24. Restored classics and custom built cameras from today will be on display. We will have a collector lenses on display including the one of a kind Cooke 27" Portrait lens, 16", 18" and 25" Petzval Lenses along with a Century 8A 11x14 Studio Camera and stand.

We will have carbon tissue for people to see, some negatives will be on display and there will be the final prints, upwards of 60 images, all without glazing to detract from the beauty of the images. Jim and I will be available to answer your questions. If you have ever wondered about Platinum Printing, Carbon Transfer Printing, camera building, historic processes and historic lenses please come join us for a wonderful informative and cultural exhibition in Little Saigon.

We expect this event to be very well attended so come early and stay late.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Congratulations. Wish I were there to see such wonderful work.

John Powers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If only I wasn't so far away... I hope you have a great time.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I just wanted to say that Tri and I are very excited about this event. A lot of work is going into this event and if you have ever wondered what one of a kind lenses and my Walnut cameras look like come by for a visit. I'm going to bring some carbon tissue for people to see and we will answer as many questions as we can. I must say that I have had the pleasure of seeing Tri's work and it is fantastic. So not only do you get to see some great alternative prints but the tools that were used to create the images.

Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Excellent work, too bad I live so far away.

Jeff

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Just wanted to remind anyone in the Orange County area of the greater LA area for that matter that Tri Tran and I will have a lot for you to look at on Sunday. It's free so come and enjoy the show. 8x10, 11x14, 8x20, 12x20, 16x20, and 20x24 cameras and the lenses for them along with over 60 prints on display. Platinum and Carbon. Hope those in town can come and enjoy things with us.

Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just got back from the show, and what beautiful Prints these two artist have created.Jim Fitzgerald with his excellent Carbon Transfer prints are breath taken,Jim is one dedicated Photographer and more than willing to explain as well teach this old and beautiful process. Tri Tan also has a great many of his wonderful prints on display.He works with Platinum/Palladium and Monochrome pigment carbon transfer images.The range of tone's shades and light dazzle the brain,what depth.Prints range in size from 8x10 to 20 to 24 if I'm not mistaken.Also both of them brought there cameras and lens's to view,what a collection! Hugh camera's and also Tri has some very large brass lens,must weight 20 to 30 lb's.
    I'm very glad I went but could not stay very long,also they did a very excellent job of hanging the prints and setting up the camera's,a lot of room to browse around.They stay open till 5:00pm,if you are near by take the time to have a look. Enter Moran st from Bolsa ave.

Mike

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Mike, thank you for coming to the show. It is always nice to see you. Yes we had a lot to show. Over 40 carbon prints and about 25 Platinum prints. The smallest camera was my 8x10 and we had several ULF cameras on display. Brought the 14x17 which is still under construction for all to see. We had 11x14, 8x20, 12x20, 14x17, 16x20 and 20x24. Prints from the cameras on display also. The turnout was great as were our hosts. Tri Tran and his family are the best! We will post some images when we can. Thanks again to all who came. I hope we gave you some inspiration to keep analog photography alive.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    here are a few images from the show which was very well attended.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tri and I at journey through time.jpg   students at journey through time.jpg   my 4 cameras.jpg   jim and mike clark.jpg   _MPB7269.jpg  

_MPB7272.jpg   _MPB7274.jpg   _MPB7276.jpg  

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin