Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,542   Online: 1025

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by James M. Bleifus
    looking back to when I was shooting digital, I wish I'd described my prints as "digital silver gelatin"
    You did the correct thing by not calling a digital print a digital silver gelatin print. there is no gelatin or silver in a digital print. It may be a print that started using a negative, you have not qualified that. If it was just for a marketing tool, by saying it was a silver gelatin PRINT when it was digital is wrong. It is misleading.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    You did the correct thing by not calling a digital print a digital silver gelatin print. there is no gelatin or silver in a digital print. It may be a print that started using a negative, you have not qualified that. If it was just for a marketing tool, by saying it was a silver gelatin PRINT when it was digital is wrong. It is misleading.
    Ah, I should have explained it better in my post. I was making (and still make for a few of my old images) silver prints from a digital neg which was captured digitally. So maybe I should have said "digital hybrid silver gelatin print" or something along those lines.

As for the marketing, I'm always straight forward in telling people my processes. Life's too short to be deceitful.

Cheers,

James

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good for you James. I hate this medium sometimes. The internet just doesn't allow the full meaning of your words without the face to face with the person making the statements. Then other times it does a very good job.
    Non Digital Diva

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin