Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,046   Posts: 1,610,768   Online: 814

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    yeah there you go chris ...

when i was in your shoes, i just cancel the subscription ...

and demanded a refund ... and every once in a while a thread like this comes up,
    and i say just that ( and sometimes a little bit more )
    recently i was called names at one of the other 2 places i "frequent" ...

just a few weeks ago, i GAVE AWAY all of the magazines from my 3 year subscription
    for the price of the shipping

all that said, its a nice magazine if you can get over all the "baggage"
    that goes along with supporting it ...
    Last edited by jnanian; 02-03-2011 at 05:37 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    John: note. 3 FEB. Still waiting on November. Still waiting to get past that baggage. Hell, still waiting on the baggage.
    Thank you.
    -CW

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    i had a paper route when i was a kid
    and if i treated customers like that,
    they would have all cancelled

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Walrath View Post
    I tried to sell my Dad's boat to a telemarketer a few years back.

Also few years back (well... almost two decades back) I pretended I didn't know what "copy machine" was when copier sales person called. It was funny to hear him explain "big box with buttons... that makes copies..." Few minutes later, he caught on and hung up.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I really like Steve's magazine from time to time, but after having been a subscriber for a year I've never acquired the magazine that way since. It is nearly impossible to find on the rack at B&N, and even more rarely at Borders, but I still try. Even then it's usually long out of date (a summertime issue at Christmas). The guy means well I'm sure, but hasn't a clue to how to run a business.
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    LOL...been a while since there has been a thread on this publication, see things have not changed any. Of course there were really only two publications it could have been (photo related anyhow). Both nice, but both with publishers that should let someone else represent them.

oh well, still better than the barking dog...now that was a real 'dog'
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Every time I decide to subscribe to "that" magazine a thread like this comes up on one of the forums and I change my mind.
    bummer
    Real men use Speed Graphics and flashbulbs.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jovo View Post
    I really like Steve's magazine from time to time, but after having been a subscriber for a year I've never acquired the magazine that way since. It is nearly impossible to find on the rack at B&N, and even more rarely at Borders, but I still try. Even then it's usually long out of date (a summertime issue at Christmas). The guy means well I'm sure, but hasn't a clue to how to run a business.
    Sadly, that sounds like my experience. I subscribed for a few years because I really wanted that mag, but the issues were sometimes late, and sometimes didn't arrive at all (and it was impossible to get a replacement issue). So now I never read the magazine.... there is always a way to find the information elsewhere.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    that is the opposite of my experience ..
    whenever a issue never came ( and sometimes they didn't ), i called or emailed
    and another was sent, and then of course the late one arrived
    chewed up by some postal machine ... it's not his fault the post office machines
    like a steady diet of camera-gear ..

it was the "bad behavior"...

and got me wondering why i was funding it

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I used to subscribe to Steve's magazine for a couple of years as well. The first year was frustrating, and the phone calls and emails were curt at best. I decided to forgive and forget and subscribe for another year, but my local B&N consistantly had the magazine on the shelves at least two to three weeks before the magazine found my mailbox. I thought the online part as a perk for doing the subscription might be worth it, but NOT! Now I just go the that store, pick up the mag, have a cup of coffee, read the articles and see if it has any redeeming value before I buy it. Thats just my personal point of VIEW though.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin