Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,880   Posts: 1,520,486   Online: 854

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    yeah there you go chris ...

when i was in your shoes, i just cancel the subscription ...

and demanded a refund ... and every once in a while a thread like this comes up,
    and i say just that ( and sometimes a little bit more )
    recently i was called names at one of the other 2 places i "frequent" ...

just a few weeks ago, i GAVE AWAY all of the magazines from my 3 year subscription
    for the price of the shipping

all that said, its a nice magazine if you can get over all the "baggage"
    that goes along with supporting it ...
    Last edited by jnanian; 02-03-2011 at 04:37 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    John: note. 3 FEB. Still waiting on November. Still waiting to get past that baggage. Hell, still waiting on the baggage.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    i had a paper route when i was a kid
    and if i treated customers like that,
    they would have all cancelled

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_c5x4 View Post
    Many years ago, I had some bunch of muppets in a call centre trying to sell me a telecoms package. I was quite happy with the service I was getting from my current supplier and had no desire to change and told Gonzo & Co as much. They rang three times that week - On the third occasion, I told them a credit card number and/or purchase order would be required so that I could bill them for time wasted (at a rate of $1,000 per hour). The following night, four calls in the space of an hour....

Next morning I tracked down the telephone number for the CEO of the parent company and got to speak to his personal assistant. By lunchtime, the manager of the call centre was ringing with a grovelling apology and the lead muppet was on his way to the dole queue. I didn't get paid for the time wasted, but it felt good to give 'em a kick in the knackers

So.... If you have a problem with service, always go for the top dog - They are in charge, so they should be held to account for the actions of their minions.
    I like your style!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Walrath View Post
    I tried to sell my Dad's boat to a telemarketer a few years back.

Also few years back (well... almost two decades back) I pretended I didn't know what "copy machine" was when copier sales person called. It was funny to hear him explain "big box with buttons... that makes copies..." Few minutes later, he caught on and hung up.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    Andrea tries very hard, and Steve just can't seem to get the schedule to work right.
    And Steve has the customer relations skills of a cactus.
    That is because he is a graduate of the Attila the Hun Charm School.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I really like Steve's magazine from time to time, but after having been a subscriber for a year I've never acquired the magazine that way since. It is nearly impossible to find on the rack at B&N, and even more rarely at Borders, but I still try. Even then it's usually long out of date (a summertime issue at Christmas). The guy means well I'm sure, but hasn't a clue to how to run a business.
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jovo View Post
    I really like Steve's magazine from time to time, but after having been a subscriber for a year I've never acquired the magazine that way since. It is nearly impossible to find on the rack at B&N, and even more rarely at Borders, but I still try. Even then it's usually long out of date (a summertime issue at Christmas). The guy means well I'm sure, but hasn't a clue to how to run a business.
    Can this guy, Steve, find his way out of bed in the morning without help?

Jus' wonderin'

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    LOL...been a while since there has been a thread on this publication, see things have not changed any. Of course there were really only two publications it could have been (photo related anyhow). Both nice, but both with publishers that should let someone else represent them.

oh well, still better than the barking dog...now that was a real 'dog'
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Every time I decide to subscribe to "that" magazine a thread like this comes up on one of the forums and I change my mind.
    bummer
    Real men use Speed Graphics and flashbulbs.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin