Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,766   Posts: 1,484,125   Online: 940

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Unreasonable Subscription Customer Service

So, what do you do when you are still owed an issue of a magazine that is three months past due for delivery and past communications have led to your being insulted by customer service and things finally boil up and you fire off an email after another month and tell them to pretty much stick that last issue somewhere because they couldn't deliver it to me on time if all they had to do was drop it through a hole in the floor? Just curious what you all would do.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    And for those wondering, I will not divulge the name of the periodical until I receive a response and, as I expect due to prior communications, get insulted further by someone trying to make money from me. I just don't get it.

THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT UNTIL THEY ARE OUT OF EARSHOT.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Write to higher up in at the publisher.... I did that once years ago and had success.
    If you paid for subscription by your credit card, you may have recourse from there, too.

Sometimes, some customer service reps will do and say anything to avoid actual work......
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Right now, given the tardiness and the unprofessional communication I received, I don't want recourse. I'm just venting (vented back at them as well) and am going to slam this stinking book shut.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    DE Darkroom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Vent away....
    @#!#&((*_*))!!
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Go to Amazon and give them a scathing review. Dont hold anything back, and make sure you explain why you feel the way you do.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It is a good thing that you are just venting and don't really want recourse. Some magazines are just like that... habitually. They might blame the others in the delivery chain, but often it is poor dedlines on their part that is the biggest contributor. This is most true of the small niche magazines, like some in our hobby/career area. The best recourse, of course, is to not renew your subsciption. Sometimes they notice... but if enough people do that then they REALLY notice. Whether they do anything about it is very much a different topic.

Images
    You might be experiencing a magazine in the great struggle between failure and survival.

It is not worth staying upset over one issue of a magazine.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This brings to mind the plight of all of those subscribers to Emulsion Magazine. Did they get their magazines or their money refunded? Wonder what happened? Chris, maybe you are in the same position as they are/were.

PE

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Many years ago, I had some bunch of muppets in a call centre trying to sell me a telecoms package. I was quite happy with the service I was getting from my current supplier and had no desire to change and told Gonzo & Co as much. They rang three times that week - On the third occasion, I told them a credit card number and/or purchase order would be required so that I could bill them for time wasted (at a rate of $1,000 per hour). The following night, four calls in the space of an hour....

Next morning I tracked down the telephone number for the CEO of the parent company and got to speak to his personal assistant. By lunchtime, the manager of the call centre was ringing with a grovelling apology and the lead muppet was on his way to the dole queue. I didn't get paid for the time wasted, but it felt good to give 'em a kick in the knackers

So.... If you have a problem with service, always go for the top dog - They are in charge, so they should be held to account for the actions of their minions.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin