Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,799   Online: 684

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've picked up a few copies of Silvershotz magazine, and enjoy looking through most of it. It's an international 'folio type publication rather than an informational based. But they boast that of the 100 pages, there are only 6 that are adverts (I didn't count to verify that).

It does include digital and mixed media, but a good portion (more than half?) is film/analog and alt process.

Subs run $77 for Can/US.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Today I only buy the American "Black&White" because all other photo magazines have gone more or less d...... which I am not all interested in!
    Like others above I buy books on photography with themes I am interested in. And that´s mostly analogue photography because I have been a totally black&white enthusiast for ages now.
    ________

Regards
    Folker

MonoArt - fine photographs

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Recently got a couple of boxes of Camera and Darkroom from the early 90s up to its demise in 9/95.

Online resources have really eclipsed what are now niche titles in analog photography, few of which have much chance of sticking around as print publications.

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I go for Ag, which continues to print a good range of work to a high standard and actually credits its readers with a bit of intelligence.
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    if you like polaroid and polaroid manipulation ..
    look for old issues of TEST magazine. it was
    the best !
    john
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    M Stat - I've been able to get Lenswork at the store, not sure if it was my local camera shop or the big box bookstore. And I do enjoy it. I've also picked up B&W and Color and have considered subscribing.

Wayne - nice idea on the analog/print, digital/online versions. I wouldn't mind subscriber to any magazine digitally as I think it's more enviro friendly - my perception - but the one mag i did that with the photos were lo-res so it was awful.

Black Dog - Ag?

mbsmith - I've a couple of Silvershotz on the shelf too. Found it enjoyable.

I also like Light Leaks, but it is a bit expensive (small subscriber base so I understand the real cost to make this). Not many pages, but almost no advertising.

I worked for a publisher a few years back and realize that adverts keep things alive, so I'm not adverse to them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    If you can read French, try out Polka magazine. Interesting work shown, and there are tags on individual photos in the mag that let you see more on websites. Website: http://www.polkamagazine.com/

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I should add that Polka is more about photography and images than developing/films/papers etc. I have the impression that a lot of the photography is film-based.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Lightwork is a great bargain and I find Aperture to be worthwhile. Lenswork is beautifully printed, nothing like it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin