Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,534   Posts: 1,544,061   Online: 1130

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Lenswork is printed here in Vancouver, BC, in case that influences anyone's decisions.

As to why it costs more to subscribe to it if you are Canadian - ???????
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would subscribe to Lenswork if the format were large instead of tiny.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    I don't buy magazines any more they are full of articles about digital photography that I'm not interested in, I prefer to buy photographic books about the branches of photography that I am interested in, because there's much more hard information in them than you get in magazines
    I'm the same way.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I buy "Lenswork" from an awesome photo gallery called "Luz" here in Victoria..I also am a diehard "B&W Photography" collector...the one from England...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    I don't buy magazines any more they are full of articles about digital photography that I'm not interested in, I prefer to buy photographic books about the branches of photography that I am interested in, because there's much more hard information in them than you get in magazines
    That is what I would have posted, if I were to post on this thread.

Way Beyond Monochrome, second edition comes to mind. [Another shameless plug for Ralph's book].

But I am not posting anything on this thread.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've got an old collection of mags from pre-digital times which are still fun to look through. Current day though, after many, MANY years of being anti-mags (mostly the same reasons as you all) I currently have an electronic subscription to View Camera, and a hard-copy subscription to Silvershotz. The regular editions show some very interesting work in predominantly analogue, as well as informative articles relevant to any artist today (last issue went through maintaining a good online presence), portfolio editions are a fantastic collection of some amazing works and are really great to see what other people are up to in the world. I find they're also very honest, ie, rather than everyone in their portfolio collection being referred to as 'photographer', 'pro-photographer' etc, they will present artists in a more real-life, accessible way: "Simon is a primary school teacher with a passion for native wildlife and makes use of his loner holidays to bushwalk and photograph."

My goal in life, is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Jacques is a new old-school gents magazine that, apart from some stunning photography, uses film with no retouching. It's interesting--in numerous ways:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/03/fa...agazine&st=cse

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin