Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,727   Posts: 1,515,080   Online: 1162

Shooter
    Multi Format

Ansel Adams show by Polaroid

I just went to a show (at Colorado College) of Ansel Adams work, sponsored by Polaroid. Aside from the awesome famous prints you see often (Moonrise, Snake River, etc.) there were a lot of his Polaroid work. These were very cool to see, often times they included his notes that he wrote down next to the photos. One that sticks out in my head was a series or 12 polaroids all of El Capitan at Yosemite, each was at a different exposure and his notes on each were very fascinating. There were also a lot of his letters that he wrote to Land and MMM (of Polaroid) commenting on their products, etc. This was the first time I had seen Ansel's work in person, and it was great stuff. There really is a difference in the actual prints and the ones you see in books. -Grant

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by VoidoidRamone
    ... There really is a difference in the actual prints and the ones you see in books. -Grant
    Grant, I think that this is very true..not only of AA's work, but of all photographic work. It makes it very hard to visualize what some of the work posted here on APUG is like..just imagine, if you like something on a monitor or book - what the original looks like. Also, AA was very active with Dr. Land while working with the 'new' film. Sorry this exhibit has not made it close to here..

Thanks for sharing.
    Mike C

Rambles

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin