Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,497   Posts: 1,543,060   Online: 891

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format

Merg Ross in LensWork #93

Yes, I am posting this myself. I do so simply to suggest that LensWork is a worthy publication for those with an interest in fine art photography. Too much time is spent on debates of process, digital versus gelatin. In the end, it is the vision that plays the major role, not the process.

I can assure you that all of my images presented in this issue, as well as those made over the past six decades, originated on film and are gelatin silver prints. Brooks Jensen of LensWork, made the scans for this issue from my gelatin prints.

Please take a look, and for those familair with my work, there are some recent additions in Portfolio #8 on my website.

Best regards,

Merg

www.mergross.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I enjoyed both the photographs and the interview. I am looking forward to hear you when the extended version of #93 arrives. I must also give a shout out to the Jimmy Williams photographs (one of our local photographers) for some really great black and white portrait work.

#93 is a very good issue.
    Two New Projects! Light on China - 07/13/2014

www.joelipkaphoto.com

250+ posts and still blogging! "Postcards from the Creative Journey"

http://blog.joelipkaphoto.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congratulations and thanks for the heads-up. I guess I need to resurrect my LensWork subscription.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Lipka View Post
    I enjoyed both the photographs and the interview. I am looking forward to hear you when the extended version of #93 arrives. I must also give a shout out to the Jimmy Williams photographs (one of our local photographers) for some really great black and white portrait work.

#93 is a very good issue.
    Joe, thank you.

I also thought the Jimmy Williams portraits were excellent; they went beyond being portraits, and really captured the spirit and passion of those before the lens. Excellent work!

You may know that my audio interview with Brooks is now available on line from LensWork for less than a dollar; I hope you find it interesting. Be forewarned, it runs an hour!

Regards,
    Merg

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Merg Ross View Post
    Yes, I am posting this myself. I do so simply to suggest that LensWork is a worthy publication for those with an interest in fine art photography. Too much time is spent on debates of process, digital versus gelatin. In the end, it is the vision that plays the major role, not the process.

I can assure you that all of my images presented in this issue, as well as those made over the past six decades, originated on film and are gelatin silver prints. Brooks Jensen of LensWork, made the scans for this issue from my gelatin prints.

Please take a look, and for those familair with my work, there are some recent additions in Portfolio #8 on my website.

Best regards,

Merg

www.mergross.com
    Hi Merg,
    Haven't read LensWork for years; I'll buy this issue just to see your feature. Always love looking at your work. Very much enjoyed the new stuff on your site!

Best, Mark

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Minard View Post
    Hi Merg,
    Haven't read LensWork for years; I'll buy this issue just to see your feature. Always love looking at your work. Very much enjoyed the new stuff on your site!

Best, Mark
    Hi Mark,

Nice to hear from you again; I recall your fine work from a few years ago.

Glad that you enjoyed the new additions to my site. There will be more!

Best,
    Merg

www.mergross.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I discovered your work in Lenswork 93 !

I'm really amazed, this is true great work, thanks for sharing with us !
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    I discovered your work in Lenswork 93 !

I'm really amazed, this is true great work, thanks for sharing with us !

Laurent, thank you very much for your comment.

I hope that your upcoming show is a big success!

Merg

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I loved your work Merg in both Lenswork and your website. Your work is not new to me as I have enjoyed it over many years.

Ah to be able to spend an afternoon with you .......

When people such as yourself are gone we as a photographic community will have lost all connection to the founders of the West Coast photographic movement.

In the mean time we are blessed with your presence and admirable willingness to share.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rose View Post
    Ah to be able to spend an afternoon with you .......
    Was thinking the same thing.. I'd love to go shooting with this guy! Merg, perhaps a workshop is in order? I've been looking for a reason to take a trip out west and that just might do it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin