Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,921   Posts: 1,584,936   Online: 1028

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Subscibe to mags?

How does your mail delivered magazines arrive? Thin plastic wrap, card stiffened envelope, tube or other method?

Earlier this year I subscribed to a US published mag, only available from one source in the UK, and the last one arrived damaged. Actually the previous two had arrived 'bruised'. I promptly sent an e-mail, informing the suppler of the damage, seems they've run out of the current (just issued) issue.

I pay £6.75 (US$12) an issue delivered in a thin plastic bag. I'd rather pay more knowing that it's gonna be intact.

Anyone else had this problem?
    ~John~
    --------------------------
    www.johnbrewerphotography.com
    There are 10 types of people in this world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    John

Is the mag Lenswork? I get mine direct from the US and it arrives in a stiff card envelope in pristine condition.
    "Digital circuits are made from analogue parts"
    Fourtune Cookie-Brooklyn May 2006

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Lenswork does indeed get it right as Les said. B&W (USA) comes in a plastic bag and I'm always amazed it's intact.
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Speaking of Overseas Mags....

Anyone have any experience subscribing overseas to the Japanese B&W-only mag "Natural Glow"? Wondering about success rate....

KB

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi John - I subscribe to the US B&W collectors Mag and it first arrived just in plastic, unfortunately wet and bruised, with the order for past editions incorrectly filled. I mentioned it (for their information) in a couple of emails via their website with no responses, so telephoned. They promptly sent a replacement with the next edition, and improved packaging - which I felt addressed the problem more than adequately.
    They did mention that due to volumes being sold, they had been using an external clearing house.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I live in the US an have subscribed to different mags in the past and with all of them, receiving them in good condition was a crap shoot. Some of them arrived late and looking like someone had been reading them thoroughly for a few days!
    gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Les McLean
    John

Is the mag Lenswork? I get mine direct from the US and it arrives in a stiff card envelope in pristine condition.
    No, it's View Camera. Seems I can only get it from Robert White. They weren't terribly helpful when I e-mailed them.
    ~John~
    --------------------------
    www.johnbrewerphotography.com
    There are 10 types of people in this world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin