Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,481   Posts: 1,644,459   Online: 870

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Good luck with your venture. I highly suggest you offer a PDF sample issue as a promotional tool--if the content is good, it'll pay you back many times over. It's unlikely I'd buy a copy without seeing a sample issue, and many others will feel the same way.

Shooter
    35mm
    the magazine does have a short preview on the hp magcloud web site, looking forward to submitting any photos for the magazine's gallery in the future.

cheers and good luck to film and grains

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I received issue#1 a few days ago.

I found to be good...
    About 50+ pages with lots of color and black/white pictures to look at and interesting Polaroid section. Not a lot of ads (could be good, could be bad).

I found to be not so good...
    Print/paper quality is so, so and page 43 has a long crease through Ariana and Suzi's images. I think quality control could be improved if you care to bring it up with Magcloud.

All in all I'm satisfied. Hopefully you can implement on some of the above suggestions.

Best of luck.
    “I drank what?” - Socrates

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    ghostcount:

That is rather upsetting. This is the first time someone has complained about the print quality, also, the few copies I have at home also do not have any crease through the photos. Rest assured we will bring up this issue to MagCloud.

Also, This was the first issue so things were a bit rocky. But we hope to improve more as we get going!

shuttergrinch:

Thank you. We always look forward to new contributions!
    Last edited by maliha; 05-27-2011 at 04:11 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I looked at the site and would like to tell you my brainwaves.

1) preview is only showing the first few pages, text is not readable (to small). So no index. and only 2 pages with polaroids showns.
    based on this I cannot make a conclusion if it is interested or not.
    2) price of sending the item to europe is about 13.4 dollar, which is almost the same price as the magazine....

I am working in the IT but prefer paper, no computer screen!
    A book reads much nicer than a screen.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by M.A.Longmore View Post
    A Guy Walks Into A Book Store:

Browses ...
    Is disgusted ...
    Spends $12.00 ...and is still disgusted.

But, I'll just sit here and wring my hands, and fret,
    that Maliha, and HP are trying to rip me off. [I'll just] spend $11.00 for 3 cups of coffee.

Ron
    Ron, what a great riposte to all the pooh-poohers out there!

Best of luck to Maliha!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Thank you haclil.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Most of the complaints about the first issue were that there was not enough editorial. Just thought I'd leave a line in APUG as well, concerning this issue. We are working on having at least 3, even 4 articles in the future issues. The reason we had not that much editorial is because we decided it would be better to have few quality material than many poor ones.

But we are working on it. The more people know about us, we believe, the more quality submissions we will receive. Issue 2 will have one interview with the featured photographer, 2 articles, and of course, the usual galleries- one instant and the other non-instant!

Thank you to all those who replied here and also to those who sent e-mails with suggestions, feedback, etc. Really, really appreciate it!
    Also, we ask that you be patient with us, as we keep working on it to make it even better in the future.

=)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin