Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,907   Posts: 1,555,893   Online: 1016

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries

A New Analog Photography Magazine: Films and Grains

Hello from Colorado, USA!!

Although I say Colorado (since I, the publisher reside here), the magazine Films and Grains is GLOBAL! Our contributors come from all over the world! The first issue came out back in February 2011, and the second issue is scheduled for June 2011. The big idea is to put out 4 issues a year!!

So what exactly is Films and Grains?

Well, it's a magazine for analog photo lovers. We have two galleries in each issue. One is a regular (non-instant) analog photo gallery which usually has a specified theme, and we also have an instant analog photo gallery. Every issue features an analog photographer (interview and a showcase) and articles... and sometimes even work of fiction... as long as it has analog photos we'll take it!!

We are always accepting submissions. Please check us out for more info and ways to be a part of the magazine in filmsandgrains.com.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good luck!
    ________

Regards
    Folker

MonoArt - fine photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Thank you =)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by maliha View Post
    ... So what exactly is Films and Grains? ...
    I have no idea, but it sounds promising.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    I have no idea, but it sounds promising.
    Hello Ralph,
    We are trying to make Films and Grains into something which is more than just a magazine. F&G is still just a toddler, but we're trying to make it grow tall and strong FAST!! =)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's a good idea. Do you concentrate on art, technique or science? Do you have a preference for B&W or color?
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    That's a good idea. Do you concentrate on art, technique or science? Do you have a preference for B&W or color?
    Are you talking about my personal preference or in terms of the magazine?
    If it's me, then I usually just take my Pentax MV1 or Holga 135BC or my Polaroid Spectra out and shoot whatever. Mostly street!!

If you're talking about the magazine, well, our contributors come from all over the world and they shoot many different kinds of photos. We try to keep the magazine versatile and try to choose the best of everything from all the submissions.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Well, I've ordered a copy out of interest, and I hope this enterprise does well!! I do have a rather bad habit of buying photo magazines that disappear entirely after issue 3, so I hope you folks are the exception that proves the rule....

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    photographie argentique!
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Sounds like JPG magazine for film...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by munz6869 View Post
    Well, I've ordered a copy out of interest, and I hope this enterprise does well!! I do have a rather bad habit of buying photo magazines that disappear entirely after issue 3, so I hope you folks are the exception that proves the rule....

Marc!
    Thanks for the purchase. We also hope to be able to continue on. We definitely plan to! We already have a lot of ideas we would like to try out in the future issues. Unless something catastrophic happens, we would like to keep on producing quality issues!

=)

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin