Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,759   Posts: 1,484,017   Online: 1231

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Photographers who are beginning to assemble a library of books on and by Ansel Adams should be aware that he issued the original five book Basic Photo series between 1948 and 1956. It was reissued in 1970. He began writing the three book series in 1977 with Robert Baker. It lacks the flavor of Ansel's original writing, but retains the nourishment. The Ansel Adams Guide by John Schaefer is even further removed from the master.

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a copy of this five-book series, but mine is copyright 1968.

(it's for sale, by the way)
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Images
    Tim Rudman's Photographer's master printing course was invaluable to me. around ten bucks used from Amazon.

Another vote for examples along with Adam's three books.

Barnbaum was good for a simplistic explanation of the ZS. That was about it.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin