Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,712   Posts: 1,482,977   Online: 884

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Paul Turnbull, Monhegan: Island at the Edge of Time at VCP

The July show at Vermont Center for Photography is "Monhegan: Island at the Edge of Time" works by Paul Turnbull

Monhegan: Island at the Edge of Time features over 40 silver gelatin black and white photographic prints by Heath, MA photographer, Paul Turnbull, of the changing land and seascape of Monhegan Island, Maine. Photographed over a period of 45 years, the photographs included in this exhibition reflect a documentary approach, but also suggest more abstract ideas related to the viewer’s conception of time passing.

Monhegan: Island at the Edge of Time opens Friday, July 1 during Brattleboro Gallery Walk from 5:30 to 8:30pm and will be on view through July 31.

Online samples, and gallery information is at www.vcphoto.org

Shooter
    Medium Format
    This is very cool. For anyone that has not been to Monhegan, I highly recommend planning a trip there. After many travels, Monhegan and the surrounding areas still strike me as one of the most beautiful I've ever seen. I wonder if the exhibit can do it justice.

Leo
    "There is a time and place for all things, the difficulty is to use them only in their proper time and places." -- Robert Henri

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have not seen Monhegan, except via the prints.

The prints are stunning.

BTW, Paul is scheduled to do an artist's talk this Sunday at 3:00 p.m. at the gallery.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 36cm2 View Post
    I wonder if the exhibit can do it justice.

Leo
    Rest assured Paul's work is worth any length of travel necessary to see this master printers work. I still vividly remember the first print I saw of Paul's, back in the mid 80's.

Cheers!
    Real Photographs are Born Wet !
    http://www.steve-sherman.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin