Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,692   Posts: 1,548,952   Online: 810

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2428293031323334
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great to hear the project hasn't died. Will keep watching out for calls for entry. Looking forward to put in my bit, even if it may not be selected for final publication... that is all part of the game.

Which makes me think, would it be an idea to create a special (temporary?) APUG gallery of all photos that "Didn't make it"?... A bit similar to National Geographics last page "Photo that didn't make it" in the NG magazine? If so, it might be best to publish it sometime (3 months, half a year?) after the book has been published, when the first excitement and frustration has died down... to avoid overly heated discussion of "Why hasn't this photo been included?!"
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Any updates on the APUG book or has the idea died a death?

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm interested in participating (and helping to organize) this book, if the project is still feasible.

I would like to enter some pinhole landscape images myself, like :
    http://www.apug.org/gallery1/showima...mageuser=60001
    and
    http://www.apug.org/gallery1/showima...mageuser=60001

Bert from Holland
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    yeah I'd be interested in contributing to an APUG book as well
    Follow the Light John 8:12
    ~~~PhotoBob

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Is it still open? And if so which image should I submit? (If any) lol

Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The OP hasn't been active on APUG since June 2012. Unfortunately the project ground to a halt.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Probably best just to let sleeping dogs lie on this one...

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A nice thought though.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yes, it was a nice thought. The process derailed in a complicated mess, although not acrimonious. One of the biggest snags was figuring out how to solicit and select the images for the book. At no affordable price point could we produce a volume that would be democratic and representative of the APUG membership, so the question of how to curate/jury the book became central, with no conclusive decision ever reached. At this point in time, if someone wants to take this on as a project, I say more power to them. Just privately contact the photographers you want to have represented in the book to submit images, produce it and market it here. IF you want to associate it with APUG, talk to Sean and get his blessing to use the APUG name in marketing. But at the price point most folks here on APUG indicated they'd be willing to pay, self-publishing would lead to a very slim volume.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin