Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,470   Online: 940

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    There is an argument to be made that something like this SHOULD be somewhat exclusive - otherwise, to a lot of people, what's the incentive to participate? You know, that whole Groucho Marx "I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member" thing. There would also be nothing to stop a drive-by joiner from posting a few comments to the threads, creating some gallery postings, and submitting work to the book. That would be terribly unfair to those who have been long-term participants and contributors, and not representative of the APUG community. If you must allow members and not subscribers, allow members to submit, but subscribers get priority in the book. If there are not enough subscribers juried in, then allow members to be considered for the remaining slots. I don't think putting labels like "subscriber" or "member" would be that meaningful, especially to the world at large that would see the book. I would put a bit in the bio for each photographer how LONG they've been an APUG member - "joined 2002" etc.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm beginning to think, someone like Sean and the moderators will need to make an executive decision and go with it, or else it will never happen.

A thread after a thread, we have been discussing this and opinions, philosophies, and percieved (because it hasn't happened yet) realities are so wide, I don't see consensus coming our way.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It won't happen until some collective decisions are made.

The basic parameters are identical regardless of whether it'll be a Fine art litho book or POD, the influencing factor is numbers. So decisions need to be made on that basis.

These decisions need to be agreed by consensus, it's no good Sean & the moderators imposing criteria because they aren't putting the project together or doing the work. Sean has made suggestions and that's the POD route.

MAS has not come back with any figures/costings, but he may . . . . . . .

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I would love to participate. Please, count me in!
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin