Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,749   Posts: 1,483,776   Online: 774

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

Film photography magazines.

I dont know if this was posted before but as a film photographer myself i know its very hard to find a magazine which is its dedicated only to film photography today. Some time ago a friend of mine sent me a link to this magazine called le negatif.

Their link is: www.lenegatif.com
    They have just printed a book.
    I would appreciate if you would let me know if there are any other magazines which feature film photography.

Ryan
    Last edited by analogaddict; 09-29-2011 at 12:47 PM. Click to view previous post history.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Took a quick look and like it. Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looks interesting!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think the trouble is that magazines make a significant amount of their income from advertisers - and so they pretty much dictate the idea that photography is all about buying the latest digital camera...

I live in the UK and know of very few film only magazines, but one which at least includes film is 'Black and White Photography'. I don't know if this is marketed outside of the UK, but it is presumably available mail-order.

http://www.thegmcgroup.com/pc/viewCa...idCategory=698

The UK companies Silverprint, AG+ photographic and several other film and darkroom suppliers advertise in it, as well as smaller companies advertising film processing services and second hand film cameras.

It tries to strike a balance between film and digital. Personally I think the idea is flawed because I suspect very few photographers use both film and digital for either their professional work or for their hobby. I bet most of us film enthusiasts have a digital camera - but use it for different stuff. Photoing the kids birthday part, snapping things to put on eBay etc. I can't imagine many photographers using film and digital cameras side by side to take black and white pictures, so up to half the magazine is of little interest...

I wish they'd take the plunge and go all film, but at least some months there can be quite a lot of coverage of film and many articles are not related to the capture device at all.

There is a sister magazine 'outdoor photography' with the same inclusive film and digital idea, but I'm not familiar with it.
    Steve

Shooter
    35mm
    Hello Steven thats why i found le negatif interesting because they feature only film photography and there isnt adversting at all. I totally agree with what you said. You should check out this magazine because i think you will like it.

Ryan
    A photograph can be as striking and as haunting as a great painting or a fine poem. - Anonymous

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by analogaddict View Post
    You should check out this magazine because i think you will like it.

Ryan
    I have and yes, you are right, it looks very interesting.

Thanks for the link
    Steve

Shooter
    35mm
    Looks really good. The book is a good price too (£11) for 70 pages. We had a recent thread here about an APUG photo book but I don't know what happened to it. Did it fizzle out?
    Steve.

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes the book looks cool.
    Really good the APUG photo book. Please let me know if you have any other informations.

Ryan
    A photograph can be as striking and as haunting as a great painting or a fine poem. - Anonymous

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    took a look thanks.

Shooter
    35mm
    Not at all Louis.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin