Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,930   Posts: 1,585,333   Online: 1020

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Vermont Center for Photography Low Tech/No Tech show

Low Tech/No Tech: A Juried Plastic, Pinhole, and Camera-less Show

Photographs with the power to amuse and inspire are not necessarily dependent on the quality of the lens and camera used to take them; sometimes the most compelling photographs are born from inexpensive, simple, or alternative equipment. This premise is the theme of VCP’s November Show—Low Tech/No Tech: A Juried Plastic, Pinhole, and Camera-less Show. The public opening will be held Friday, November 4th at 5:30pm during Brattleboro’s Gallery Walk at our gallery located at 49 Flat Street in Brattleboro. (Next to the transportation center/parking garage)

See sample images and details at www.vcphoto.org

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    How was the opening?

one of my photography instructors told a tale of a photographer who did a seminar using disposable cameras...
    Chris Schuster
    Shutterclank!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How did you guys fair with the cleanup from the flood?
    Good to know you are back in biz!

Wish I was a bit closer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The opening went well, we had had around 200 people through the door, which is a pretty good crowd. Judging from the availability of parking, the overall crowds were low. Probably because of the weather which was cold. The work seemed well received and the collection of entries was very good. Lots of pinhole work and Dianas/Holgas. I have a photo in the show which was done with a box Brownie.

What happened in the seminar?

As for the flood, we were extremely lucky. The water came up to about 6 inches below our floor. It was a very tense time, as the work for the following show happened to be on the floor that day. The photo gods were smiling on us that day.
    Our landlord which is a furniture store took a bad hit, as they had stock stored in the basement which is below the gallery, a complete loss for them.

For the town, the flood is mostly cleaned up, and I believe most of the businesses that got flooded are going again.

Thanks for the good words, and if anyone in the APUG crowd comes up to New England/So. Vermont, please stop in. Regular hours are only on weekends, but if that doesn't work for a visiting APUG-er, PM me and I'll try to make arrangements for a tour.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin