Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,568   Posts: 1,573,500   Online: 689

Shooter
    Multi Format

Analogue Exhibition at Getty Gallery, London 22-26 Nov 2011

Some of you might be interested in a short exhibition at Getty Gallery London from 22-26 Nov 2011. It comprises of work by 25 British photographers requested to shoot in support of the charity Variety Club (I was one of them). The theme and title, 'Hidden Gems', relates to the beneficiaries (underprivileged children) and has been interpreted by each photographer in their own way. Each contributed four photographs, two of which will be shown at Getty Gallery I believe, one bound into an exclusive one-off 20x16" book (to be auctioned) and the final one as a loose print for auction. I thoroughly enjoyed taking part and can't wait to see the work myself.

Photographers are:

Pattie*Boyd, Michael *Birt, Zoe Buckman, Alwyn*Coates, Jillian*Edelstein, Ken*Griffiths, Elisabeth*Hoff, Cambridge Jones, Barry*Lategan, Peter Lavery, Mary*McCartney, Tony*McGee, David Montgomery, Alistair*Morrison, Terry O’Neill Clare *Park Steve *Pyke, Rankin, Sheila*Rock, Olivia*Rose, Amanda*Searle, Tom Stanworth, Tom Stoddart, James*Stroud, John*Swannell, Andy*Teare, John Thornton.

Apart form one or two photographers, the work was shot on film (a specific request of the organiser) and wet-printed by Robin Bell.

If you happen to be in London and have time, I am sure it will be worth a look.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds quite worth visiting.
    I wish I was over there.

Good luck with the fundraising/auctions.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Snds like a very worthwhile project. Anywhere the images can be seen online?
    My congratulations Tom. Regards john

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks everyone. I hope it does well and I am sure it will. It has been well organised and well supported/patronised.

Unfortunately the work is not online and so visiting is the only way to see it. Most, if not all of the work, was shot in close proximity to the St Pancras Renaissance Hotel, London, because Marriott Hotels are supporting the endeavour. It's a beautiful building and great space for many of the portrait and fine art photographers. I shot street work - fleeting moments with a bit if humour - in the immediate vicinity.

There will be books for sale at £40 I believe. They will be available from Getty Gallery I am told. The one off 20x16" book of original prints would be nice

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've just been informed that the work will run for an extra day at Getty Gallery and then be exhibited again at Christie's in London from 12-22 Dec. I went to the Getty Gallery 'do' last night and saw all the images and its well worth seeing! http://www.gettyimagesgallery.com/Ex...dden-Gems.aspx I'd say about 2/3 of the work is analogue.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin