Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,968   Posts: 1,523,420   Online: 1048

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Lenswork - Brooks Jensen article

I just finished reading Brooks Jenson's article "On Faith & Fame" in Lenswork. I wanted to say that the ending of his article really blew me away; "In my youth, I photographed for me. Later, I photographed for others. More and more, I find I photograph in response to those who mad art before me." This is quite an interesting observation, one that seems to touch a chord with me. If you have read the article, I would like to hear your thoughts on it.

Thanks,
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    sometimes I'm not sure if Jensen's articles aren't the main reason why I love Lenswork so much. It is interesting, inspirative and encouraging that magazine of that quality and ambitions survive in todays world.

About this article - I think everybody want to have some kind of fame - at least in the meaning his/shes work to be known. But when it boiled down, everything what left is to do what you have to do. Maybe art start when you can't avoid.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin