Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,972   Posts: 1,558,675   Online: 987

Shooter
    Multi Format

Euromaster II Meter

Wondered if anyone here uses or has had experience with the Euromaster II meter, heir apparent to the Weston line of meters. If so, what has been your experience?

Regards,
    Will
    My Verito page

Anyone can appreciate a fine print. But it takes a real photographer to appreciate a fine negative.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Can't help you with Euromaster, sorry... But, I do have several "original" Westons - I use Weston V on a daily basis.
    They're not particularly suited for low light situations (no battery). I think the lowest you can reliably go is about EV 4.
    Otherwise, nothing but praise! Once you learn how to use them and where to point, they are very reliable.
    However, if you shoot LF, perhaps something with spot metering (for zone system readings) would be more appropriate - and at about the same price of a new Euromaster.
    If you want to try out the Westons, a Weston V can be had reasonably on xBay... Make sure the seller guarantees that it works as it should (accurate readings, etc.) - they can be had for $20-$40, AFAIK.

Denis

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Will,
    I do have an Euromaster II, but I must say that I do not use it very often. Of course, it works without batteries at any temperature, but it is not that convenient to use. What I most dislike is, that the (built-in) case does not close with the incident-metering dome attached. This configuration is rather unhandy and circumstantial in case you need to change the sensitivity from low to high or vice versa (by (dis-)mounting a strainer insert before the sensor). Otherwise, the Euromaster is an astonishing small and solid device.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin