Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,690   Posts: 1,548,850   Online: 963

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I gotta say go with the Sekonic. Great meter. And it does almost everything. Yeah, no spot, but I always think that is best seperately....
    Official Photo.net Villain
    ----------------------
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]DaVinci never wrote an artist's statement...[/FONT]

Images
    This may just be me but I find that I use my gossen luna pro a lot more than my fancy dancy sekonic with all the bellas and whistles. Lately the only time the sekonic comes out is when I am using flash. There is something about the simplicity of the luna pro-which is old as the hills and still working fine, in fact it matches my sekonic exactly.

My point is, there is no solid reason to go with the digital meters, because they are in no way better, unless you really need the multiple functions.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Not much help though, but nevetheless would spoil teh thread by my question:
    recently I begun enjoying medium format, and got tired ot lugging my 35mm gear with me for metering purposes when intending to shoot on MF only. So I begun looking for a good, not very expensive spot meter. I'm not a studio shooter, so no fancy flash metering required (can be a bonus though...), perhaps a basic incident metering would be also great in one device.

Any suggestiosn out there ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mark
    What about this

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...=257033&is=REG

I saw one for about 100 at B&H used, a year or so ago.
    Hi Mark

If you quote prices a currency would be very useful as your profile doesn't indicate where in the world you are posting from.

As nearly all the ex colonies now have their own currencies we have to guess its not pounds.

I should add that other countries have dollars and they aren't the same value when it comes to exchange rates.

So Justin starting this thread should have qualified his $ as again no country in his profile.

This is an international board emminating from New Zealand !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Small & compact reflected/incident. How about the gossen digisix?
    Don't know about Pricing in Singapore.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I bought a Minolta Flash IV meter for £50 which does everything I ask of it so far except spot reading and I can buy an adaptor for that. At the current rate £50 is, i think $100.
    [size=1]the all new darkplanet photoblog[/size][size=1]
    [/size]

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I haven't seen the Digisix/Digiflash in Singapore, but judging from it's price on Freestyle, I'd probably pay the slight premium for the Sekonic.

For the moment, I just got myself a small Gossen Super Pilot for about $25. I'd be using this with a Rolleiflex (it's off to the workshop the moment it arrives for a CLA), and I just bought 10 rolls of the Arista.EDU film to try with it.

Thanks for the suggestions guys! I will probably get the Sekonic should I need it in future.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Save your $100, use Sunny 16

Shooter
    35mm
    I bought a monolta Auto IIIF years ago, I love it!. I bought it used at a photography garage sale, I think for less than $100. I have used it for all of my shooting for these many years and it still works perfectly. The only limitation this meter has is the absence of a sync socket for remote triggering.

For what it's worth.

I also agree with the find what you want and save for it principle.
    Good luck with you meter search.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin