Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,962   Posts: 1,523,154   Online: 863

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Vivitar 285 Multi flash setup

Hi,

I have a Vivitar 285 which i use with the PC connection on my Bronica SQA. I am just wondering if it is possible to get another 285 and sync them in the studio with pc connections or would i have to use the hotshoe and get wireless triggers?

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Last edited by CGW; 01-17-2012 at 07:57 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Also a source for optical flash triggers and other stuff. http://flashzebra.com/
    Bob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There are schematics on the web of the connection that the optical sensor port on the flash body. One pair of pins is used to trigger the flash when the remote sensor cord is used.

So it should be possible to create an assembly that includes a peanut slave and a potentiometer that lets you set the strobe on manual and dial back it's output.

Or you could dial back using the standard sensor, and get a hot shoe slave. Wein makes a reasonable quality collection of them also.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You can wire three or 4 of them together with pc cords and wye adapters. Just make sure they all have the same voltage on the sync contacts, easily done with a $10 DVM.
    Bob

Shooter
    Medium Format
    thanks for all the advice. i have just randomly discovered a 3 way pc adater which goes into your camera and allows you to trigger 3 pc flashes at once! and only £11.99!!just need some more flashes now!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd be a little careful about the multi-pc connector. If any of your flashes is a higher trigger voltage model, it can fry the other flashes--or even the camera in some situations.

I'd use wireless trigger of some form. Cords are a nightmare.
    http://www.zone-10.com

When you turn your camera on, does it return the favor?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I use optical slave triggers with mine. Much tidier than wiring them all together.

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    the cheapo ebay radio triggers are aint that bad either.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah, the Yongnuo stuff is decent, never had misfires with mine (digi and film).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin