Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,769   Posts: 1,516,494   Online: 772

Shooter
    Multi Format

Primer on SCA Modules/Compatability?

I've accumulated a few Osram flash units that have been dependable and accurate. For compact units, they have very versatile heads for bounce/wink, etc. They have removable shoes and support the SCA system. Most of my camera equipment is older, non-SCA coordinated gear and it was never an issue but I thought since accumulating some Contax G equipment, that it would be nice to use the TTL capabilities of the system with a flash style that I know works well for me.

I've looked for info sources quite a bit and still am unsure... The modules on these look identical in photographs to the modules that fit the Metz gear. Are they actually interchangeable? Here's a link to something that I found on-line that shows the actual flash and modules, etc. If I can get a shoe module like this for a Metz, will it work on the Osram?

http://tinyurl.com/7poro4t

Any links that could help me? Any personal experiences?
    Craig Schroeder

Shooter
    Multi Format
    They should interchange. I use a Metz adapter and cables with a couple of Nikons and a large SCA 300 compatible Agfatronic flash.

Seriously, SCA 300 isn't proprietary, it is a part of the industry (German manufacturers only, I think) standard.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin