Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,050   Posts: 1,561,123   Online: 761

Shooter
    Medium Format

Does Impact go with Elinchrom?

Hi all
    Dumb question: will any brand of softbox (Bowens, Impact, whatever) lock into an Elinchrom flash head?
    I've only ever used Elinchrom gear all together, and am brand-stupid when it comes to mixing and matching.
    Oh and same for lightstands - does any brand work with any flash head?
    Thanks
    H

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Definitely yes for the lightstands. They should be universal. As far as softboxes go, you just need to have a speed ring that matches your light.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ah I see. Thankyou! So now I just have to match the softbox with the speedring that matches the flash, correct?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Elinchrom and Bowens mounts are different/incompatible. As Greg says, you can often change the speedring mount on the softbox so that it matches your flash.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin