Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,907   Posts: 1,555,908   Online: 1058

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Matt and others

Thanks for words of hope. I did a lot of reading up before hand and read that the CL4 is a great flash unit, both digital and the older one. As it happens, my main reason for having it is to use with my Hasselblad 501CM which Benjoboy rightly states the digital would be of no real benefit. I gather I connect the flash to the lens of the Hasselblad for "Off the Film" explosures? Need to work all that out and buy a cable etc.

I'd also like to use it with my Nikon F5, which once I have bought the adapter, I should be able to do.

Well fingers crossed - lets just hope it is working OK when I get it. Can I buy new bulbs for it easily enough?
    Ted Smith Photography
    Hasselblad 501CM...my 2nd love.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ted_smith View Post
    Hi Matt and others

Thanks for words of hope. I did a lot of reading up before hand and read that the CL4 is a great flash unit, both digital and the older one. As it happens, my main reason for having it is to use with my Hasselblad 501CM which Benjoboy rightly states the digital would be of no real benefit. I gather I connect the flash to the lens of the Hasselblad for "Off the Film" explosures? Need to work all that out and buy a cable etc.

I'd also like to use it with my Nikon F5, which once I have bought the adapter, I should be able to do.

Well fingers crossed - lets just hope it is working OK when I get it. Can I buy new bulbs for it easily enough?
    I think you mean flash tubes Ted, Metz is imported by Hasselblad UK who have service facilitys , but it would probably be cheaper to replace the flash gun if it went , I bought mine second hand more than twenty years ago and the flash tube has never gone. Your Hasselblad 500 CM has no "off the film" flash capabilitys only the standard PC sync. connection, for your F5 and the appropriate SCA adaptor and connecting lead you will get TTL flash metering.
    Ben

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin