Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,928   Posts: 1,585,175   Online: 764

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Can anyone source a battery bay lid replacement for SCA3000C adapter?

Hi guys

OK, I have collected my Metz Mecablitz 45 CL-4 flash from the second hand auction place.

Now, here's the irritance. The flash came with the cord to use it with my Hasselblad (happy about that) and it also came WITH both an SCA3000C adapter and the accompanying SCA3402 to work with SLRs like my Nikon F5. However, the battery lid is missing (which is why the auction site didn't list it as part of the auction - I was surprised to see it came with it on collection but without the battery bay cover, I can't use it).

So, having Googled the cost of just the SCA3000C (seeing as the SCA3402 just clips to the 3000C) I note that that, too, costs about £50...all in all the whole adapter pair costs about £100 new!

So my question is - does anyone have a spare battery cover for an SCA3000C or anything that will work to save me having to buy a new one?

Many thanks

Ted
    Ted Smith Photography
    Hasselblad 501CM...my 2nd love.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is a wierd idea for many. Bear with me.

I have fabricated all sort of odd gear photo bits like restoring old gear ( I mean 1900- 1960, mostlly box cameras ) with Fimo modelling clay and hot melt glue.

The Fimo can mold to anything, and shrinks ever so slightly when it dries.

I coat it with hot melt glue to give it tensile strength, and have even 'reinforced' it with sewing pins from the sewing machine case.

The glue can be tooled with silicone bake wear spatulas befiore it cools to give a better finish.

I paint the item black with a sharpie prior to laying on the glue if I need a light tight fix. Conductive bits get bits of copper pipe or aluminum sheeting cut and bent to shape where conductive surfaeces are needed

The result is not always totally beautiful, but is functional. Some times the repair / replace part does not clip into the original slots or holes, but goues 'over' the area that is missing, and uses rubber bands, etc. to hold it into place.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Last edited by benjiboy; 03-12-2012 at 03:38 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mike

I like your suggestion! I do actually prefer kit that looks knackered but that works. I'm not one for shiny flash camera gear! That said, I'm not sure I could do what you are proposing.

Benji - I have done just that today. I rang ffordes who suggested I try Intro 20 20. I called them they asked me to e-mail them with a hpto, which I have done. Watch this space...

Ted
    Ted Smith Photography
    Hasselblad 501CM...my 2nd love.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ted_smith View Post
    Mike

I like your suggestion! I do actually prefer kit that looks knackered but that works. I'm not one for shiny flash camera gear! That said, I'm not sure I could do what you are proposing.

Benji - I have done just that today. I rang ffordes who suggested I try Intro 20 20. I called them they asked me to e-mail them with a hpto, which I have done. Watch this space...

Ted
    I would have thought Metz UK's service dept. would have spares of this item.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hot glue is awesome for shade tree fabrication.
    I used to use JB weld sometimes too.

Here in the states there are at least 2 chain stores (Batteries Plus and another one I don't recall) that will custom rebuild older battery packs.
    I know a guy that had 2 NiCad packs for a Norman 400B rebuilt and the prices were reasonable.

Maybe there is something similar in the UK?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin