Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,974   Posts: 1,523,629   Online: 1082

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've always been a coward when shooting chrome film for clients. I always proofed with Polaroid. They were all studio shots so I was able to gobo hot spots or fill in shadows. Spot meters are great in checking the range of your lighting. For detail in shadows, I make sure it doesn't fall below 2 stops of my F/stop setting and not above 2 stops of the same setting for highlights with detail. Neg film is much easier to shoot and you can get away with an "average" of your exposure.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonSutcliffe View Post
    The meters needle shows that it is two stops brighter than what 0 would be, it i showing +2(1/60th what ideal exposure would be the meter shows 1/15th of a second)
    That is equivalent to the near-top range over-reading of my Pentax 67 (5 stop range from centre), so I am assuming there is a fault with the meter.

Most of the Sekonics have a PC sync socket for the light meter to trigger a flash for assessment purposes; I use this on my 67 with a rudimentary flash set up. The tricky part is finding one within your target budget of $100. I would scoot around FleaBay for something of interest.
    Last edited by Poisson Du Jour; 03-13-2012 at 07:24 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Another vote for the hand held meter. I bought mine when I was shooting 35mm. When I stepped up to med. format I needed no metered prisms. Later I stepped up to LF. Still using the same Minolta auto IIIF.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Simon:

A good, used Luna-Pro F would be a good choice: http://www.keh.com/camera/Light-Mete...990227390?r=FE
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You have three options, (1) uprate the film on the meter and do some test exposures keeping notes until you get acceptable results with slide film,(2) get the meter checked serviced and recalibrated ,(3) buy a hand held meter.
    Ben

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin