Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,478   Posts: 1,571,063   Online: 1080

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think the Swedes and the Chinese are teaming up against the world. Swedish design and Chinese factories churn out cheap temptations for us making us empty our bank accounts. I do notice the only thing not Chinese made at Ikea is the food. You can feed a family of 5 on $5 with hot dogs, sweet rolls and soft-serve ice cream cones washed down with lingonberry juice.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    No, you need an ultra violet light for that.
    No kidding. A lot of "white" LEDs are actually UV LEDs with a phosphor. If you want to argue about it, try contacting this guy:

http://nortega.com/fastest-tool-to-c...horium-lenses/

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    You are right Jerry! You can cure yellow tint from Takumar lenses with this lamp. SMC 50/1.4 was very quick job with few days of exposure. 2/35 Super Takumar took weeks to clear out. Not sure does LED emits less UV with use or 2/35 had stronger yellow tint than 1.4/50.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_6863.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	158.1 KB 
ID:	48616

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoonmaniac View Post
    I think the Swedes and the Chinese are teaming up against the world. Swedish design and Chinese factories churn out cheap temptations for us making us empty our bank accounts. I do notice the only thing not Chinese made at Ikea is the food. You can feed a family of 5 on $5 with hot dogs, sweet rolls and soft-serve ice cream cones washed down with lingonberry juice.
    People used to console themselves thinking that Japanese manufactured goods were inferior and they were allowed to take the cheap end of the market, until people realized they weren't inferior but superior, more innovative, and less costly than the western manufacturers could produce, now they have taken over the World, and the same applies to China they aren't going to be satisfied with the cheap end of the market for ever.
    Last edited by benjiboy; 03-30-2012 at 07:48 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's right. Remember, iPhones and iPads are made in China.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Thirsty View Post
    No kidding. A lot of "white" LEDs are actually UV LEDs with a phosphor. If you want to argue about it, try contacting this guy:

http://nortega.com/fastest-tool-to-c...horium-lenses/
    I bought one of these Jansjö lamps in Ikea Cardiff when I was visiting recently, they were selling the silver ones half price for £4.99, (yes I had the meatballs mashed potatoes and apple pie) I indeed used it to remove the yellow caste in my Canon FD35mm f2 lens and after about thirty hours exposure it worked like a charm and the yellow is completely gone now.
    Ben

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin