Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,918   Posts: 1,584,757   Online: 934

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format

a KILLER location battery pack lumedyne light kit

Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    someone here on apug is selling a KILLER location battery pack Lumedyne light kit.
    it is priced VERY well, and is a staple for anyone who doesn't want to deal with cords
    if/when using a portable light source.
    lumedyne has been around for a long long time, and is a favorite of wedding photographers and others
    who don't want plugs.
    i have one ( the same kit being sold pretty much ) and it has worked flawlessly since purchased in 1988.

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum379/...e-systems.html

i don't have any connection with the seller other than having a similar kit ( used for newspaper work for years )
    and wanting to split up his kit to buy a booster but he wants to sell it all together ...
    good for the buyer, bad for me

john
    I forgot to say that the Quantum flashes augment my Lumedyne strobe system.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have an earlier version of the larger one here http://paulcbuff.com/vagabond.php

Works great, recharges from the car or the wall.

If you can get the car close, all you really need is the inverter.
    Mark Barendt, Beaverton, OR

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanishing Point Ent. View Post
    Strobist doesn't work that well for film !
    Strobist lighting actually works exactly the same for film.

Any given set of exposure settings, in any given lighting situation, will get very similar responses in A or D.

The difference is film simply not having instant review. That's not a required element.
    Mark Barendt, Beaverton, OR

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by markbarendt View Post
    Strobist lighting actually works exactly the same for film.

Any given set of exposure settings, in any given lighting situation, will get very similar responses in A or D.

The difference is film simply not having instant review. That's not a required element.
    Yep...and it still has the same limitations. I finally gave up on using hotshoe flashes outdoors for anything other than fill...it just always seemed like there was never enough power. Now I've got a pair of Norman 200b packs with a big custom battery that will give up to 400 w/s if you use both heads. At some point I'd like to pick up an Einstein and a Vagabond Mini Lithium for location work. The Normans work fine, but an Einstein would be a little less to pack around and have more power (and the Normans only have 3 stops of adjustment).
    Oh, and if anyone ever plans on using an inverter plugged into the car, make sure you get a pure sine wave inverter...a standard one can fry your flash.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin