Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,295   Posts: 1,535,652   Online: 1137

Shooter
    Multi Format

DIY Strobe Slave?

I made one of these years ago. I found it in the bottom of a pocket in my camera bag the other day. It still works! The thing is it has a Vivitar male jack on it so I can only use it with that flash. I vaguely remember that the schematic was in a magazine article. This would have been 25 or 30 years ago.

Anyone remember the article or have a copy of the schematic? I remember that it was very simple and had few parts. The one I have I installed in a pen cap.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There are gobs of circuit schematics available online. You should be able to find one with a web search.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here is one Martin. It may not be the same one but it looks simple to build.

Strobe Slave

BTW, Welcome to APUG!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by JHannon
    Here is one Martin. It may not be the same one but it looks simple to build.

Strobe Slave

BTW, Welcome to APUG!
    Thanks for the welcome!

That one looks similar to what I remember but with 3 sensors it probably works better than the one I built. I'll have to gather some parts and give it a try.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin