Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,761   Posts: 1,516,109   Online: 934

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wilde View Post
    I power my pack up for 20 minutes at least once a month. With this treatment I have never had a problem with it.
    That's the right way to take care of it. It should work forever.

- Leigh
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” - Plato

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    The pack/head combo I've heard the most negative about in terms of safety is Novatron...
    I was a warranty service station for Novatron. I can tell you that they're every bit as good quality as the other professional packs. Top quality parts.

One problem may result from the fact that Novatron has a greater penetration into the amateur and casual shooter market, so packs are more likely
    to sit unused for an extended period of time as compared to those that are used every day in a pro studio.

- Leigh
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” - Plato

Shooter
    Medium Format
    For as long as I have been in photography (>40 years), flash manufacturers, of both studio flash and speedlites, have been recommending reforming the capacitors on idle units at least 6 mo. intervals, plugging them in (if AC powered) and turning them on (AC or DC powered) for 1 hour.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A six-month interval is certainly reasonable. More frequent cycling doesn't hurt.

Problems can definitely be expected in equipment that sits unused for a year or more.

- Leigh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin