Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,940   Posts: 1,557,444   Online: 810

Shooter
    Medium Format

Old Light meter how to

Hi all!

I got this flash unit off a flea market and works perfectly, the only thing is that I dont know the correct settings for my Yashica Mat 124g while using it.
    Any Advice? As I understand the dail, I set the ISO, and the distance to subject, then choose an F stop.
    But what about shutter speed?

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMAG0323.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    As it is a flash meter, the shutter speed is irrelevant as the flash duration is very short compared with the time the shutter is open. What it will measure is the burst of light from your flash and give a reading of EV in relation to the set aperture. As your camera uses a leaf shutter, you should be able to use any speed up to the shortest. Just make sure you set the M-X lever to X when using electronic flash to get the correct synchronisation.
    " ... a cook who relies on nothing but a sharp knife has no guarantee of producing excellent dishes." - Yoshihisa Maitani

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That looks like a typical 'manual' flash unit. You can set you Yashica to any shutter speed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Like ic-racer said. With your Yashica or any leaf shutter.
    With a focal plane shutter(many 35mm SLRs) you would the sync speed usually indicated in red on the SS dial.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin